• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Videos like this make me want to ride

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Looks like some nice singletrack. It's funny in New England I'm so used to the technical trails (huge rocks everywhere) it's rare to find paths that smooth through the woods anywhere :lol: Plus it's always fun to ride with the doggies, as long as they don't go for the spokes.

Brian, you ever take your GoPro mountain biking?

bvibert

Staff member
That's good stuff! My understanding is that kingdom trails in VT has some smooth flowy stuff like that. Not sure about the drops and what not though. If want to be doing riding like that you may want to consider a slightly beefier bike than a lightweight xc bike. ;)

I have taken my GoPro out a couple of times. I didn't really get anything awesome though. I've found that to make a really good POV video you need to shoot a bunch of different angles to make it interesting (like the video above), I'm usually more interested in riding...

massbmx

Pretty sweet, and that dog is awesome! The guy should of strapped a gopro to him too.

bvibert

Staff member
I have taken my GoPro out a couple of times. I didn't really get anything awesome though. I've found that to make a really good POV video you need to shoot a bunch of different angles to make it interesting (like the video above), I'm usually more interested in riding...

Here's a great example of using multiple camera angles to keep things interesting. Seeing a couple minutes of the same view get's old quick, IMHO.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Cool video. I've played around with video editing earlier but I've got to do it some more. I'm runnign Vegas on my computer. They have some cool effects there.