• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico Mountain - Video Trip Report 12/21/2014

SkiRay

On solstice the Alba's decided to choose a home mountain for the season with that mountain being one of our favorites known as Pico Mountain.The snow this past weekend was needless to say amazing and it's only December. There were many runs that had un-tracked snow and the glades offered some nice powder stashes that was fluffy and light.

Pico is owned by the same owners of Kilington (also known as "The Beast" but, that is only thing similar between these two mountains. Pico is smaller in that it has less runs but, it's actually in fact bigger in true vertical (http://mountainvertical.com/best-skiing-in-new-england.php). This mountain has charm, incredible gladed and bump runs, and you can let your kids ski on their own without you worrying that much about their getting lost. Try that at Killington .

The people and the staff at Pico are willing to help and always have a smile. The lift lines are small and we believe the skiing to be better than that of it's big brother.

There is no fancy lift line, gourmet meals or glitzy personalities here but, to be honest, I can do without that and hang with skiers and boarders that are there for the outdoors, to make turns and take laps at a great place in the East.

Give Pico a try. You might like it.

rocks860

Nice video. Just picked up a Pico ticket on Liftopia for Saturday

How much was it? It's lookin like I'll be going there instead of sugarbush with the mess that seems to be going on up there. I've got another 10 bucks off a liftopia ticket so I may as well use it for that

xwhaler

How much was it? It's lookin like I'll be going there instead of sugarbush with the mess that seems to be going on up there. I've got another 10 bucks off a liftopia ticket so I may as well use it for that

$50.99

catherine

Nice. I have K tickets that I think I'll use at Pico. Looks like a better option for me and my son.

SkiRay

Nice. I have K tickets that I think I'll use at Pico. Looks like a better option for me and my son.

Oh it is. We lost our son for 45 minutes at Killington. Pico is so much easier to Navigate and plenty to ski, and just as hard terrain. We even discovered some non-marked trails! Knee deep this past weekend. Look for us this weekend.