• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glenn over new years?

steamboat1

i can be door to door to killington in 4 hours
From Brooklyn? Highly doubt it.

I like leaving early in the am too to beat traffic.

Usually stay at least 2 nights, many times more.

Lodging is inexpensive for me.

Just found out last night they raised the lodging rates after about 6 years of them remaining the same.

It's going from $24 to $26..... lol

Best part is more times than not I have the house to myself during the week.

15 min. to Pico, 20 min. to K.

1 hr. to MRV or 1 hr. to Stratton.

Wouldn't exactly call it a small house either.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• house_edit-160x110-227x165.jpg
    house_edit-160x110-227x165.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 3298466285_da0e8b1e7f_z.jpg
    3298466285_da0e8b1e7f_z.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Jully

Man, I feel spoiled making my pass decisions based on a 2 hour versus 3 hour drive and not wanting to deal with that. I suppose it's all your perspective though. Overnight housing helps too. My back can't handle a 5 hour drive nowadays without breaks and I'm not even 30... going to need a new spine before I'm 50.

Tin

Is that why you arn't at Binghamton.

That program at Binghamton was dreamy and the package was the best I was offered but the move would have been impossible with my partner's job so we ended up in western Mass. I was all set to have a pass to Snow Ridge and pray to the lake effect gods.

Smellytele

From Brooklyn? Highly doubt it.

I like leaving early in the am too to beat traffic.

Usually stay at least 2 nights, many times more.

Lodging is inexpensive for me.

Just found out last night they raised the lodging rates after about 6 years of them remaining the same.

It's going from $24 to $26..... lol

Best part is more times than not I have the house to myself during the week.

15 min. to Pico, 20 min. to K.

1 hr. to MRV or 1 hr. to Stratton.

Wouldn't exactly call it a small house either.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The 70's are calling they want their decor back...

KustyTheKlown

I live in northernmost Brooklyn a few blocks from the bqe. If I leave at 4 am with a full tank, drive 85, and don't stop, I turn into the k access road at about 8:05. apologies for rounding down

tnt1234

This thread is simultaneously getting my psyched for ski season, and making my back sore.

tnt1234

Bummer - couldn't get the place we were looking at.

Plans back in flux.

tnt1234

Boom. Found a very nice looking condo a the base of Mt. Ellen, affordably priced.

With a little luck, and a lot of snow, we'll go MRG>Mt. Ellen>Mt. Lincoln, drive home. With no snow, maybe 2 days at Sugarbush > K-ton on the way home. Nice little three day get away. Psyched.

Might be driving up to Prohibition Pig to meet friends for dinner one night but will gladly take restaurant/bar recommendations closer to sugarbush for the other nights.

cdskier

Might be driving up to Prohibition Pig to meet friends for dinner one night but will gladly take restaurant/bar recommendations closer to sugarbush for the other nights.

Peasant is my absolute favorite place to eat in the valley. For a more casual/pub type place, Mad River Barn would be my next choice.

dlague

Peasant is my absolute favorite place to eat in the valley. For a more casual/pub type place, Mad River Barn would be my next choice.

Mad River Barn has a great vibe. We ate there when skiing at Sugarbush. Food is decent, but during full on winter the vibe is cool.