• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW - 6/18/10

bvibert

Staff member
Actually more like a RASO (Ride After Slacking Off) for me since I took the day off from work and didn't even bother getting out of bed until 11am. 8)

Met up with Woodcore just after 6pm (see I really was slacking off, I couldn't even manage to get there before 6. :lol:). We rolled Jug>Scoville twisties>Pelican>Knee tree>Tent trail>Johnnycake climb down>Hinman northbound>69er southbound>cemetery back to scoville>Scoville twisties>4-way>BSB>done! It was a great ride! I felt pretty good on a lot of parts, rode the 69er better than I probably ever have (which isn't saying much). Also had a couple of great rips through the scoville twisties, especially the second time through. I still have a long way to go to get back where I was at my peak last season, but I'm getting there. Need to lay off the junk food though!

The ride was somewhere around 9.8 miles at what felt like a pretty good pace on a really hot and humid day. We met up with yesmandroc (sorry if I bastardized your name) after the ride, it was nice to chat with him again. Also ran into atvkilla at the top of the knee tree. He was on his way back to get his car to pick up caveman who had a series of mechanicals that ultimately ended his ride, atvkilla's bike was having it's own issues. I hope everything worked out!

WoodCore

Good rip for sure bvibert! No mechanicals, no large wild animals and plenty of fast riding... perfect! Let's do something similar Sunday morning. :beer: