• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW - 6/25/10

bvibert

Staff member
Got in a nice rip with Greg tonight. We got going a bit before 6 from Lamson's and rode for just under 2 hours. On the menu tonight was Jug>Scoville twisties>Sandy Pelican>Knee tree (up)>Methlab>Johnnycake climb(down)>Hinman's northbound>69er southbound>remainder of the cemetery twisties towards fat kid>fire road out.

It ended up being just shy of 9 miles (according to my crappy GPS, which usually is on the low side) and was a good fun route. It was great to ride with Greg again, and I didn't even break anything this time! For a guy who's only been out a few times this year he hung in there just fine tonight. Hopefully you can get out for some more rides again soon Greg!

On a personal note I felt like I rolled most stuff pretty well. On Hinman's I had a couple of dabs and one screw up right before the WC bridge, but other than that I rolled everything pretty cleanly, even the tricky rocky section after the second bridge (which I was totally stoked about!). On the 69er I had the usual issues at the beginning part, but after that I'm really starting to get into the flow of that trail going southbound. There's sections that you can just pump through with out pedaling, it's pretty damn cool. All the little rollers going that way are cool too.

The only thing that was missing was the post ride beer. Woodcore has been spoiling me by sharing his so far this season... Next time I'll be more prepared... :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Great ride, Brian. Thanks. Felt all out of sorts, but to be expected considering the infrequency I ride lately. Been a helluva week, and I really needed the mental escape that only an MTB ride can give. Great way to kick off the weekend.