• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

witch hobble

Count me as a Cannon Lover who enjoys FNSP all year round, including early/mid November. No need for NH to hurry the early season WRODathon. Go hiking! Go waterfall hunting! Maintain a glade somewhere!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Cannon has a great setup for early and late season with unmatched access from Boston.

Wildcat goes early, but I think that's more to drive pass sales. Part of the reason why I get a pass to Wildcat over Cannon is the longer season. I sometimes consider switching, but even if Cannon had an equally long season I'm not sure I'd make the change.

Puck it

Cannon has a great setup for early and late season with unmatched access from Boston.

Wildcat goes early, but I think that's more to drive pass sales. Part of the reason why I get a pass to Wildcat over Cannon is the longer season. I sometimes consider switching, but even if Cannon had an equally long season I'm not sure I'd make the change.
Because you can't handle it. It would burn your boots off!!!!

Puck it

Maintain a glade somewhere!
attachment.php

Attachments

• no cutting.JPG
    no cutting.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 354

skiberg

The only real effective thing to prevent cutting I have seen in the past several years was when the two guys got charged and convicted of cutting on Big Jay. That was some scary shit.

witch hobble

The only real effective thing to prevent cutting I have seen in the past several years was when the two guys got charged and convicted of cutting on Big Jay. That was some scary shit.
That was not "maintaining a glade", that was clear cutting a large swath. Only idiots and assholes would consider it.

SIKSKIER

Probably not supposed to drink in the parking lot either. :dunce: :beer:

Actually, last year a whole bunch of us were having a few beers and bbqing in the parking lot when a Franconia cop came walking towards us.We did the beer shuffle to hide them.He says to us "you dont have to hide those guys.It was the chief and he clearly stated there was no law against drinking in the parking lot in FNSP.Turns out he is a really great guy and he hung with us for 20 minutes and enjoyed some steak tips while he was there.

Last edited:

skiberg

That pic looks like the saddle. I think they did that last year. I noticed it one of the very few times I walked up it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
So I saw some pics of the new T-Bar foundation going in as well as some pics of them installing the safety fencing masts. They are really changing the place. I can see how folks that loved the "earn your turns" vibe would be sick right now. Looks like Cannon and FSC are going all-in on the race training concept.

SIKSKIER

They are really changing the place. I can see how folks that loved the "earn your turns" vibe would be sick right now. Looks like Cannon and FSC are going all-in on the race training concept.

Not to be a peckerhead but this is not news at all.Its been well known for a few years.

Attachments

• mittersilltbarbase.jpg
    mittersilltbarbase.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 166
Last edited: