• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many ski day so far? (2012/13)

skiking4

11 different mountains, 15 FULL days (skied Hunter 3x and Stratton 4x, otherwise everything else was skied once). The 11th mountain was thunder ridge, where I probably skied an additional 15 days but only for a few hours for racing.

I'd say this was a pretty damn good year for me. The fact that I can drive now allowed me to hit up mountains at 9 AM or even earlier, allowing for much more skiing done each day. I can't look back at one day this season and say, "Man, that day sucked!"

planb420

Sundown closed yesterday leaving me with 77 Days and COUNTLESS MEMORIES of an amazing season full of surprises.

Skimaine

40 days so far. Hopefully a few more weekends before the end of the season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Today at Gunstock was day 22. I've had a GREAT season and have been really lucky to catch many of the major storms just right. Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in at least 4 more days before it's through.

MadPadraic

34 days in 7 states. So far, I've had 6 spring days, and at least 9 powder days. Other than no European trips, easily the best year I've had since moving back East. I'm hoping to hit 41 on the year.

Hawkshot99

today made 100 for me. My season is most likely done unless a frirnd really wants to go.
I am burned out at this point. I have done skiing related something EVERY day since Labor Day.
I am very happy to have skied tripple didgets at least once in my life. Not bad for working 6 days a week.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

KevinF

52 if I added up correctly. With the exception of the Nashoba Valley race league nights, most were pretty full days.

Vermont:
20 days at Stowe, 4 at Sugarbush, 2 at Okemo, 2 at Killington, 1 at Mt. Snow, 1 at Mad River Glen

Massachusetts:
8 at Nashoba Valley (Race league), 1 at Wachusett, 2 at Berkshire East

New Hampshire
1 at Bretton Woods, 1 at Attitash

Maine
2 at Sunday River

New York
2 at Whiteface

Montana:
2 at Bridger Bowl, 1 at Moonlight Basin, 3 at Big Sky

ScottySkis

18 most since I was a season pass holder several years ago, great skiing this year and fun meeting some cool A zoners.

polski

Website
twitter.com
My sig notwithstanding, I like to think of ski seasons qualitatively more so than quantitatively - though of course higher numbers usually signify a better season all in all. I'm certainly not done with 26 days in (some of them short local skin trips of only a couple or few hours - but those included some of the best turns of the season so they all count). I probably will have a tough time hitting my personal best of 35 days the season before last, but one never knows. Either way, this ranks as up there with two years ago among my best ski seasons yet.

Had some very good timing all season long - five excellent days after Christmas into the first week of Jan; made the most of the Feb coastal blizzard with some great local skinning; two fairly epic weekdays at Jay later that month in 2' of upslope pow; and back-to-back late March storm days at SB North and MRG.

Thus far only one spring corn day though and this coming week does not look optimal for that, though the Maine mountains may stay in a freeze-thaw cycle at least part of the time. Been too long since I've been to Saddleback and at this early juncture perhaps Sunday will be the day?

Firsts thus far this year: Wachusett, Gunstock, Mt. Agamenticus, MRG 19th Hole and both the Cog (to Jacob's Ladder) and Gulf of Slides Trail (to the first big avy runout) on Mt Washington. Still have at least a couple more firsts on the to-do list this spring at the latter location ...

Also suffered my first non-trivial injuries this year, a knee sprain (at least that's what I figure it was) and very nasty shin bruise (requiring doc's care) but these caused only minor downtime and most importantly, no missed pow days.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Four? I didn't get in that many. Being a new dad was tough on the ski season. But the days I did get were absolutely phenomenal, so I'm not complaining. I think I had powder every day I skied except for my Wachusett days.

polski

Website
twitter.com
Nick, been there - things look up when the kids start taking lessons. Life gets great when they get good enough to keep up with you and you actually really ski together. Not long thereafter you'll find you can't keep up with them ... at least that's how I'm experiencing the progression ...

o3jeff

Four? I didn't get in that many. Being a new dad was tough on the ski season. But the days I did get were absolutely phenomenal, so I'm not complaining. I think I had powder every day I skied except for my Wachusett days.

Yes four(4). Do I loose access to the ski part of the forums now?