• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown, Bump or Bust IV - 1/30

bvibert

Staff member
Did Brian make it home?

Right now I am wishing I stopped drinking once I left SD. The additional beers once I got home
were a bad idea.

Enjoy tomorrow. I've been chugging water,

Yes, I made it home, no problems. My throat's a little soar from yelling during the comp, but otherwise I'm fine, not too hungover. :beer:

The comp and apres was really fun yesterday. I'm disappointed that I slipped on the approach to the kicker during my run, forcing me to ski around it. Not that I would have done any sick airs anyway, but it would have been nice to at least go off of it.

Congrats to everyone though! There were a lot of good solid runs by everyone. :spread:

Thanks to Chris, Jarrod, Dottie, Bob, and the rest of the Sundown crew for putting this together for us!

MR. evil

What's the fate of those kickers?

I hope SD will leave atleast one of them in place, as the pictures show I need practice.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Wow, these pictures look like crap on my old iBook. Apologies to anyone who had to view overly-contrasted photos!

When do the bumps move to Gunny again?

Greg

Staff member
What's the fate of those kickers?

I hope SD will leave atleast one of them in place, as the pictures show I need practice.

just got out of work. gonna take a run or two, then head home. bumps are pretty good. kickers are open, but landings look hard...

Trev

Great pics/vids !!

Grats to everyone who competed..!! haha.. wish I could have had that day off and joined in the fun. Next time!

2knees

At least I can beat Pat at something... :lol:

if i had it over again, i would've skipped my last beer and a half. not that i was bombed, but i dont like to drive even if i'm close to the limit. but when i got home, there were about 10 drunkards in my house so i probably had about 6 more before i finally crashed.

amazingly, my knee didnt hurt at all when i went to bed. :lol:

2knees

OMG. And I thought the other one was the funny. :lol: Love the facial expression!

that was my duel with mondy i think, and i was thinking how much that landing was gonna hurt my already aching knee.

but yes, its another quality shot of me looking like an idiot....:razz:

bigbog

But most importantly, chill out and remember, this is just for fun. Learning to adopt a little bit of humility will probably go a long way. Telling you this as a bro, not to be a dick.QUOTE]

You guys need to lighten up. Here's a picture I snapped of the finish area....

2215796934_149dc5789f.jpg

Ugly stuff.
...And Hollywood thought Survivor was the best unscripted!....
Nice pics/video sev...

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What were the prizes?(or did I miss where they were posted in the thread?)
IIRC, Suburban Sports put up the prizes. Nice jackets for the junior and women's divisions and a Thule rack was the big prize. I don't remember what else where was (was there anything else for the men's)? The guys decided to combine the young & old men's divisions and the old dudes kicked the young dudes' butts! :lol:

mondeo

IIRC, Suburban Sports put up the prizes. Nice jackets for the junior and women's divisions and a Thule rack was the big prize. I don't remember what else where was (was there anything else for the men's)? The guys decided to combine the young & old men's divisions and the old dudes kicked the young dudes' butts! :lol:
Let's make this clear: the old dudes decided to combine divisions. The young guys mostly had nothing to say, with some strenuously objecting.

Sisson won bindings. Which I found humorous.

Last edited:

gmcunni

looks like i missed a fun day.. Great pictures Carrie. Greg, any chance of getting the full roster and placements posted like you did last spring? since i wasn't there i'm curious to see who participated and how everyone did.

i thought i saw the killington ripper chick (AKA amanda??) in one of the photos, did she compete against the men again?

anybody besides 2knees shoot video?

Glenn

Looks like a damn good time! Congrats to Patrick! That's awesome that he drove south to check out the mountain and enter the comp!