• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Releases Pass Rates

thetrailboss

Staff member
For adult passes, bought before 10/30:

All Mountain, Stowe Seven Plus (with perks): $1452
Stowe Seven (7days a week, blackouts on holidays): $1307
Stowe Six (Sun-Fri, no holidays): $1018
Stowe Five: (Mon-Fri, no holidays): $857

Other packages:

Stowe Seven Family (2 adults, 2 kids): $3660 (no blackouts)
Stowe College Pass: $399 (no blackouts)

From what I have seen, the highest in the NE.

After 10/30:

Stowe Seven Plus: $1815
Seven: $1634
Six: $1273
Five: $1071
College:$450

Stowe Seven Family: $4614

FMI: http://www.stowe.com/tickets/season_passes/

Stowe seven family is a great value for the family with an extra 4 grand to spare..lol..the college pass at 399 is a great deal..as it was 349..9 years ago..

thetrailboss

Staff member
They still have the most expensive college option, when you consider that SB is $319 and the Triple Major is $269. That said, Stowe has dropped their price and eliminated the blackouts, so in essence it is now just the most expensive pass for students, not the most expensive and biggest ripoff on the market.

They still have the most expensive college option, when you consider that SB is $319 and the Triple Major is $269. That said, Stowe has dropped their price and eliminated the blackouts, so in essence it is now just the most expensive pass for students, not the most expensive and biggest ripoff on the market.

still a great value for students..plus Stowe is 7 miles closer than Sugarbush South for UVMers..

deadheadskier

Staff member
$399 is a great deal for college students. I would pay $399 for Stowe over $319 for Sugarbush in a heart beat.

4Gs for a family to ski is outrageous though. I aspire to have that kind of financial fluidity in life, but I don't see it before I'm 50 and then only if I've had a lot of luck. For a long time from now, I can't see myself rationalizing even half that in pass costs for a family of 4.

drjeff

4Gs for a family to ski is outrageous though. I aspire to have that kind of financial fluidity in life, but I don't see it before I'm 50 and then only if I've had a lot of luck. For a long time from now, I can't see myself rationalizing even half that in pass costs for a family of 4.

If you spend the majority of weekends at the same place skiing/riding, 4G's for a family of 4 isn't out of the question. Okay, my price figure involves ski school season passes for my kids, but Mount Snow this coming season for my wife and my season passes + my kids ski school season passes put a hit of just under 5G's on my Mastercard Bill by the time taxes were added in :eek: And I can think of atleast 2 other AZ members off the top of my head that I'm pretty sure will have the a similar (if not more) figure on their Mastercards by the time kid's programs are figured in for the season. In both cases they'll probably spend 90% of their families ski days(likely 50+ per family member) at the same mountain. And that's the ski lifestyle change that you typically make when you purchase those big ticket passes, you don't spend your season hopping around various New England ski areas, but you're spending the vast majority of time at just 1 mountain

If you spend the majority of weekends at the same place skiing/riding, 4G's for a family of 4 isn't out of the question. Okay, my price figure involves ski school season passes for my kids, but Mount Snow this coming season for my wife and my season passes + my kids ski school season passes put a hit of just under 5G's on my Mastercard Bill by the time taxes were added in :eek: And I can think of atleast 2 other AZ members off the top of my head that I'm pretty sure will have the a similar (if not more) figure on their Mastercards by the time kid's programs are figured in for the season. In both cases they'll probably spend 90% of their families ski days(likely 50+ per family member) at the same mountain. And that's the ski lifestyle change that you typically make when you purchase those big ticket passes, you don't spend your season hopping around various New England ski areas, but you're spending the vast majority of time at just 1 mountain

not to be an ass but most families aren't headed by a dentist and an orthodontist..not that there's anything wrong with that..:lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member

and there is the target market for most ski resort operators. ;). I could only rationalize that kind of expense with a family income well north 200K per year, which won't be my reality for a long time. Kudos to you and your wife's hard work to make that happen though. I know you both had to work hard for it.

my kid's ski program will be free.........me.

RISkier

For some perspective the Vail Epic Pass is $599. It's good at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, and Heavenly. No blackout dates. I like skiing at Stowe, and I love Stowe village, but they are really targeting the high end market. The new Spruce camp is very nice but food/beverage prices are completely insane. We've always been able to find decent deals on lift tickets but the walk up prices are pretty goofy too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
For some perspective the Vail Epic Pass is $599. It's good at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, and Heavenly. No blackout dates. I like skiing at Stowe, and I love Stowe village, but they are really targeting the high end market. The new Spruce camp is very nice but food/beverage prices are completely insane. We've always been able to find decent deals on lift tickets but the walk up prices are pretty goofy too.

Apples to Oranges on the pass price comparison. I would venture to say that pass holders make up 10% of the skiing revenue out west compared to probably near 50% in the east. That is what enables them to offer such a low price.

HD333

Looking a Stowe prices I feel like we stole our passes to Gunstock at just over a grand for a family of 4. It is nice to have a seasons worth of skiing already paid for.

I understand Gunstock is not Stowe but I am pretty sure at a quater of the price we will have a good season.

HD

mondeo

You're talking $700 more per pass than at Killington, or ~$1K more per family of four.

It isn't even that they're more expensive than everyone else, they're more expensive than everyone else by a long shot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
and if you like to golf during summer, their cheap course, not the new course

$3925 per couple
$2225 per individual

as expensive as skiing can be, Golf is where the really big money is spent.

WWF-VT

I spent $2,267 on season passes for a family of four by buying early at Sugarbush. Still to go is paying for the kids seasonal programs. Just like drjeff it's pretty easy to hit close to five grand when you commit your family to the lifestyle of skiing for the winter but like the Mastercard commercials say the experience is "priceless"

campgottagopee

For adult passes, bought before 10/30:

All Mountain, Stowe Seven Plus (with perks): $1452
Stowe Seven (7days a week, blackouts on holidays): $1307
Stowe Six (Sun-Fri, no holidays): $1018
Stowe Five: (Mon-Fri, no holidays): $857

Other packages:

Stowe Seven Family (2 adults, 2 kids): $3660 (no blackouts)
Stowe College Pass: $399 (no blackouts)

From what I have seen, the highest in the NE.

After 10/30:

Stowe Seven Plus: $1815
Seven: $1634
Six: $1273
Five: $1071
College:$450

Stowe Seven Family: $4614

FMI: http://www.stowe.com/tickets/season_passes/

No matter what you're selling it's only worth what people will pay, so if people are paying it then obviusly it's worth it. IMO, with the unlimited access to Mani, Stowe should charge more than any other resort in the notheast.

You're talking $700 more per pass than at Killington, or ~$1K more per family of four.

It isn't even that they're more expensive than everyone else, they're more expensive than everyone else by a long shot.

Well Stowe is alot better than Killington...I would venture to guess that alot more season passholders at Stowe have skied Killington than Killington season passholders who have skied Stowe..

One thing about Stowe is they have great deals for ski club members and their early and late season prices are a bargain. My three day pass back in April was about $120..