• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

k123

The ACE Ski and Board Club summer ticket voucher sale is underway. Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine tickets are available at steep discounts. Membership required. Join and access these deals now. The sales are over in 1-2 weeks depending on the state.

Joined the ACE club today, and I ordered 2 magic tickets at $20 each. Thanks for posting this. Will I get a club card in the mail?

gotr0

Skullcandy Mountain Passport with purchase of Geigerrig Pack

Now until Monday The Clymb is selling Geigerrig packs at close to 50% off ($60-$75) the pack comes with the Skullcandy Mountain Passport which contains free lift tickets to Bretton Woods, Hunter, Nashoba, Sugarbush, Wachusetts, Waterville, and other resort around North America.

The packs are pretty cool with a pressurized water reservoir so you can easily hydrate, you can determine yourself if it's a gimmick or clever product. I'm not going to be a spokes person for it.

You do need a "membership" to Clymb. Here's an invite.

Here's info from Geigeririg's facebook: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=326063812861&topic=17356

Flip through passport: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.mighty-clever.com/geiger-book/#/GeigerRig/0&h=aAQCht3i3

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Now until Monday The Clymb is selling Geigerrig packs at close to 50% off ($60-$75) the pack comes with the Skullcandy Mountain Passport which contains free lift tickets to Bretton Woods, Hunter, Nashoba, Sugarbush, Wachusetts, Waterville, and other resort around North America.
What a deal. The Sugarbush ticket along (no blackouts) is a deal alone.
Besides, I want to enter the contest to win a shotgun. Should keep the line cutters at bay :daffy:

gmcunni

SkiNH

http://www.skinh.com/lift-ticket-deals/anywhere-anytime-ski-packages.cfm?size=3773

Ski season is right around the corner (well, almost!), and that means it's time to think about getting your lift tickets for this winter. Our Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime Lift Ticket Packages go on sale Wednesday, August 3rd at 10am!

Anywhere, Anytime Lift Ticket Package Details
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anywhere, Anytime Lift Ticket Packages are ideal for those of you who ski or snowboard on weekends and holidays, offering $10-$15 off the normal ticket price. The packages consist of fully-transferable lift tickets that are valid every day of the 2011-12 ski season. Packages are ideal to share with friends, family and co-workers.

Simply customize how many tickets you want to each mountain without selecting more than 50% to one area. Minimum order is 6 tickets.

And here's our early buy incentive, for a limited time order 12 tickets and get 1 extra ticket free!

Orders of more than $5,000 will also receive a 10% discount if placed by October 11.

For full details visit our Anywhere, Anytime Lift Ticket Page at SkiNH.com .

Ticket inventory is limited so buy early to be sure you get your favorite ski areas.

Mark your calendar! Tickets go on sale Wednesday, August 3rd at 10am!

nycskier

Gratuitous plug for the two Snowboarding search and win promo sites!

The link to Sessions promo site is here:
www.sessions.searchpluswin.com

and the Ride Snowboards one is here:
http://ride.searchpw.com/refer/getfreestuff

Both sites are an easy way to win free snowboarding and skiing gear. They work like Google only you can win points that can be redeemed for snowboarding gear for using them.

Before it was discontinued I got a lot of free gear from the Rossignol promo offer (including my kick ass Rossi S-7s!). So far I got a free ski jacket for my wife from the Sessions promo and a pair of good ski socks for myself from the Ride promo.

Its an easy way to score free gear! If you havent used them yet they are worth checking out.

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Want a free ticket voucher in exchange for a bit of work?

The Sugarbush, Slide Brook Trimming weekend will be held on August 27 and 28. If you are available to help maintain ski bands in Slide Brook please join us. We will be meeting at 9:30 AM both days at the bottom of the Super Bravo chair lift. We hope to get a ride to the top of the mountain and then work down from there.

Please bring our own lunch, liquids, cutting tools, first aid kit and be prepared for working in steep woods of Slide Brook. Contact me for more details.

Anyone over the age of 18 is invited, so please bring your friends. It is a great way to see the woods during the summer and you can scope out the best lines to ski next winter. Plus you and your friends from other mountains can get a voucher for their work. If you ski there you should consider helping to keep it safe and fun.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Stowe Club Days

Discount ticket days are available for clubs this year. I contacted Stowe today. They are making that offer plus a free Stowe Points card available for members again this year.

Adult tickets on select days:
1-day=$43
2-day=$64
3-day=$96

3 days for the price of a one day peak ticket? (aw, within 7 bucks!)

You can't beat that with a stick.
I'll be posting more info for members on our site in a while. I've been racking up a lot of deals. I've learned that going shopping in July and August yields great rewards. Those people hate hot weather as much as I do!

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
MRG - trimming = free ticket

2011 Schedule:

Date at 9 AM Transport Task Saturday, August 6 Hike Regeneration Zone maintenance Sunday, August 21 Hike Regeneration Zone maintenance Saturday, September 17 Hike Line Maintenance Saturday, October 1 Lift Line Maintenance (Green and Gold Weekend) Saturday, October 15 Hike Line Maintenance
  • Report at 9 am at the Cricket Club picnic table.
  • We're back down at 3:30 - 4 pm.
  • Most of the time we hike from the base, so be prepared to hike.
  • We always go, rain or shine. If it is raining, it is more of an adventure.
http://www.treeskier.com/mrg/index.html

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Maine

Check this out.

The Mountain Passes and Sampler Passes are transferable.

re: 2011/12 Ski Maine Peak to Peak Challenge
I would be exhausted if I tried to visit all these damn areas in one season.
;
During the 2011/12 season, we are challenging skiers and snowboarders to visit as many Maine ski areas as they can. The challenge is simple! Sign up on SkiMaine.com, and keep track of your visits and you will be entered to win great prizes. With each area you visit the pot gets richer!

Here is how it works:
· Ski or Ride all 18 Alpine Ski Areas in Maine and be entered to win a 2 night stay for 2 at the Comfort Inn in Farmington, ME during the 2012/13 season and a pair of tickets to each Ski Maine member..
· Ski or Ride at 12 Alpine Ski Areas in Maine and be entered to win a $100 Gift Card to Kittery Trading Post and 1 ticket to each Ski Maine member.
· Ski or Ride at 6 Alpine Ski Areas in Maine and be entered to win a $50 Gift Card to Kittery Trading Post.

Enter by December 24, 2011 and be entered into a drawing for a $50 Gift Card to Kittery Trading Post.
Bill

Last edited: