• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Walking Dead

hammer

Noticed that there are a few members who appreciate zombie movies so I was wondering if anyone saw the premiere of The Walking Dead series on AMC last night. Wonder how long this type of show will be around.

Geoff

Noticed that there are a few members who appreciate zombie movies so I was wondering if anyone saw the premiere of The Walking Dead series on AMC last night. Wonder how long this type of show will be around.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I pulled up the web site.

The Walking Dead - Days Gone By
Oct 31 10PM World Series and Pittsburgh/New Orleans were on. NFW
Oct 31 11:30PM I was asleep
Nov 1 1AM I was still asleep
Nov 5 10PM A possibility. I get AMC at Killington and I'll hopefully be skiing Saturday morning.
Nov 6 2AM NFW
Nov 7 2AM NFW

The viewing time slots suck enough that this will be yet another TV show I don't ever see until I can stream it from somewhere.

Edd

We have it on On Demand here and I just watched it. It was really good and that sucks because I don't need another TV show on my plate.

wa-loaf

I watched and it was good. Only thing bad was that it went till 11:30. Curious to see how he gets out of the tank. I'm assuming it's out of gas or broken.

hammer

First episode is now available on Fios On Demand.

Watching it again, I'm surprised that it's only rated TV-14. I usually only see that amount of blood and guts on an R-rated movie.

Geoff

Comcast gave me a DVR upgrade for free at my Vermont place last Friday. I should get my act together and set the thing to record this show.

Edd

Comcast gave me a DVR upgrade for free at my Vermont place last Friday. I should get my act together and set the thing to record this show.

I don't want to oversell it but a DVR can change your life man.

gmcunni

I don't want to oversell it but a DVR can change your life man.

+1

as a family we watch too much tv.. DVR is an enabler, big time! now when we're watching other TVs or even listening to the radio we get pissed that we cant' rewind to see/hear what was just missed.

mlctvt

Due to this post we just downloaded it from Directv On Demand. Looks good so far , so we just added the series to the DVR . The second episode that showed on Sunday is still showing other nights, it should record on friday.

Edd's right, DVRs are the best way to watch TV. We don't watch anything at all that isn't recorded.

bvibert

Staff member
I just started watching it on Netflix. Unfortunately there's only 6 episodes on there, and I don't get AMC... :-?