• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not another run-in with ski patrol...Blue 3/8...hero snow..empty

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Power trippers and they must have been really bored, because the place was totally empty. Friday morning had more people then today.

Warp Daddy

The videos are unreal - hell I ski faster than those kids and i 'm going to be 66 in 2 months -- H'mm guess Blue Mtn is off the potential to do list :D :D

I've never seen SP's like those guys thank god !!

I think you need to call in for some help. The AZ team from NY and CT should make a trip, buy some day passes and raise hell on that mountain.

TheBEast

A couple of thoughts.......

First reaction is do we think there are any Blue Mtn patrollers on this forum??

Second, this gives the Ski Patrol in general a bad rap. Do these guys actually do what they're trained to do, assist people when they're injured on the mountain?? As a patroller I wouldn't stand to be a speed enforcer, that's certainly not what I am trained to do. In my opinion that's what you have Mountain Ambassadors or some other form of employees on the mountain for. This is just so far out in left field. I'm glad that Blue Patrollers have so much time on their hands that instead of actually helping the paying customers they simply harass local skiers on the mountain. I'm totally with you guys, they need to come down off their high horse and get real.

MrMagic

reading all of this just makes me want to go down there and ski really really fast

mondeo

I think you need to call in for some help. The AZ team from NY and CT should make a trip, buy some day passes and raise hell on that mountain.
This sounds like a decent idea. Tuck the slow zones all day.

If only it wouldn't take away a chance to ski up north...

gorgonzola

wow a few knuckleheads verbally harrass a well respected ski patroller and his family in public and on the internet, continually ski at speed down a slow skiing trail monitored by blues version of the keystone kops and get harrased by said patrol.....it's just uncanny

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
wow a few knuckleheads verbally harrass a well respected ski patroller and his family in public and on the internet, continually ski at speed down a slow skiing trail monitored by blues version of the keystone kops and get harrased by said patrol.....it's just uncanny
Since I was a witness to above incident, listening to gss get yelled at for skiing fast down a double black diamond, and almost getting assaulted by said patrol, I think they are completely overstepping their charge.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com

Get a group of 10-20 fast skiers and tear the mountain apart. Wear several layers so that you can quickly change your appearance at the bottom. It would be funny to also recruit a famous racer (e.g. Bode) to see how long he would last there before patrol called the state police. :lol: That would make for some interesting fireworks when they tell him he needs to "Ski in control" :p.

Wow, getting hassled for skiing fast on a double diamond is outrageous.
At Burke I can run down Blue trails Downhill Racer style and nobody says a thing. Of course Burke is home to A LOT of racers and the trails are relatively uncrowded, so patrol would really have their hands full keeping fast skiers under their fingers (not that anyone would even suggest such a policy).

Note to any Blue Mountain managment that may be reading this. If I ever get a chance to ski at your mtn, I will not based on the reputation of your patrollers.

P.S. I may ski there if it involves the shananigans mentioned above :)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
In all seriousness, I'm really considering going to Mountain Creek next year after how I was treated today. Hardline lives one town over from me and I'm sure we'd get in plenty of turns, and would save me a ton of cash.

It basically cost me around $14 round trip in fuel to go to Blue for the day vs. $7.50 to hit Mountain Creek. Factor in a lower cost pass and I'm looking at saving around $425 a season. I'd probabily hit night skiing more often since it is so close to home and I'd be able to get more runs in since I'm spending less time driving. I could deal with MC for local skiing and use the extra cash to take more trip to New England areas.

Mildcat

Last day of the season get all the passholders from PSAR to have a "Lets Lose Our Pass Day". No big deal if they yank your pass on the last day of the season. Everyone just bomb down Paradise till the last pass is pulled. To make it interesting the last person to get their pass yanked has to buy the first round of beer.

Last day of the season get all the passholders from PSAR to have a "Lets Lose Our Pass Day". No big deal if they yank your pass on the last day of the season. Everyone just bomb down Paradise till the last pass is pulled. To make it interesting the last person to get their pass yanked has to buy the first round of beer.

and whistles..I might just buy a couple hundred and hand them out to everybody..:spread:

ZYDECORICH

Unfortunately the ski patrollers were not acting..everytime I hear that whistle..my Blood pressure rises a little bit..I love their definition of Bombing..lol..

you have got to be kidding me! those kids didn't do a thing!. listen i've posted here before about cheeseheads bombing the greendots on a saturday at mountain creek within inches of my beginner daughter. that i think is one thing, but this video shows nothing! especially the last guy! i'd like to ski blue but now i don't know. what a downer it must be to put up with these nazi's. you ski all day have a great time, aggressivly ski a certain section with no harm to anyone and that bulls__t ensues. do you need to pay for that? does your blood pressure? steeze come to creek during the week no crowds and no idiot redcoats. what a ego trip their on, wow.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
you have got to be kidding me! those kids didn't do a thing!. listen i've posted here before about cheeseheads bombing the greendots on a saturday at mountain creek within inches of my beginner daughter. that i think is one thing, but this video shows nothing! especially the last guy! i'd like to ski blue but now i don't know. what a downer it must be to put up with these nazi's. you ski all day have a great time, aggressivly ski a certain section with no harm to anyone and that bulls__t ensues. do you need to pay for that? does your blood pressure? steeze come to creek during the week no crowds and no idiot redcoats. what a ego trip their on, wow.

I'm really thinking about making the switch to MC after today. I told my wife what had happened, and she's the one who actually suggested the idea and she friggin HATES Mountain Creek. On her 1st time there, she got hit twice. Little did we know but it was Boy Scout day there....you can picture how that can be like. Although I suspect that she's in favor of the idea so we vacation more in NE