• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamboat1

Skied Hunter countless times. I don't like the way the mountain skis & it has nothing to do with it's challenge, that I can handle. Most trails are chiseled out of the side of the mountain & ski that way. Doesn't feel at all like I'm skiing a natural fall line. Then there's the crazies but that's another story.

They did serve up some awesome potato pancakes at their Oktoberfest this past weekend though.

Funky_Catskills

I tend to keep off the chiseled intermediate trails.. I like the straighter lines of the Westside.. Having Westway open has been phenomenal the last couple of years... The new trails rumored won't be chiseled...

Had a chance to visit Wayout. I really was worried, but I like what they did. Removed the double fall line. Rumour had it they needed an Intermediate run to get back to the new housing that is going in. Still need to fix the water issue back there.

Glade Runner

Bitch, I tear Hunter up. I just prefer places with open woods policies and places that get natural snow so you can actually ski in the woods. I ride bumps all day long. You wouldn't keep up. Besides I prefer skiing to waiting in line. Never been to Hunter on a weekend and never will. It's midweek powder skiing for me while you sit in your cubicle and wish you could hang with the Glade Runner. WTF do you mean you got woods at Hunter? Hardly. You get the least amount of snow in the Catskills. You need snow to ride natural. Fkn bonehead.

Last edited:

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Bitch, I tear Hunter up. I just prefer places with open woods policies and places that get natural snow so you can actually ski in the woods. I ride bumps all day long. You wouldn't keep up. Besides I prefer skiing to waiting in line. Never been to Hunter on a weekend and never will. It's midweek powder skiing for me while you sit in your cubicle and wish you could hang with the Glade Runner.

Troll Alert!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Bitch, I tear Hunter up. I just prefer places with open woods policies and places that get natural snow so you can actually ski in the woods. I ride bumps all day long. You wouldn't keep up. Besides I prefer skiing to waiting in line. Never been to Hunter on a weekend and never will. It's midweek powder skiing for me while you sit in your cubicle and wish you could hang with the Glade Runner. WTF do you mean you got woods at Hunter? Hardly. You get the least amount of snow in the Catskills. You need snow to ride natural. Fkn bonehead.

Highway Stars brother?

powhunter

Hunter is a blast.... F the haters...
they are the ones who can't handle the fact that Hunter caters not to intermediate glade skiers but hardcore bumpers and woods skiers/riders... When faced with limited ways down - they bitch cause they can't handle hard stuff.... typical

Yep hunter is great for spring bumping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glade Runner

WTF is a glade runner anyway?

Do you run away from beginner glades?
Are you too afraid to ski the woods.. We have woods at Hunter... So... I guess your out... sorry...
Put some big boy pants on and get out of the glades...

Glad you took the time to edit that post. Hate to think of what it was when first posted.

I edited a typo. It was basically the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.