• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not another run-in with ski patrol...Blue 3/8...hero snow..empty

Warp Daddy

Love the whistle routine Steeze . Rooter go someplace else who needs that BS !

Here's a thought IF any Blue Mtn mgt is eavesdropping :
PUT BLUE MOUNTAIN ON A PERMANENT AZ BOYCOTT -- lets spread the word to all our skiing brethern and sisters that Bozo's on SP are OUT of Control with their nonsense .

I am so freaking tired..2nd night in a row I didn't get much sleep..today would be the perfect day to take a rest day after skiing the 11 out of the last 12 days but I really need to see if my pass will scan..I'm parking at the top lodge so if my pass doesn't scan, I'm right by the Administrative offices..even if my pass scans..I'm definitely filing a complaint against the ski patroller Joel..I don't get offended easily but the way he talked to me yesterday was just wrong.

Can you guys give me some advice on how I should approach the management at Blue mountain??? I want to be very polite and considerate but would like to get my point across. I really hope they give me 10 minutes and actually listen to me as opposed to the ski patrollers who just talk over me and get flustered. I just want to get this resolved so I can go on with my life.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I am so freaking tired..2nd night in a row I didn't get much sleep..today would be the perfect day to take a rest day after skiing the 11 out of the last 12 days but I really need to see if my pass will scan..I'm parking at the top lodge so if my pass doesn't scan, I'm right by the Administrative offices..even if my pass scans..I'm definitely filing a complaint against the ski patroller Joel..I don't get offended easily but the way he talked to me yesterday was just wrong.

Can you guys give me some advice on how I should approach the management at Blue mountain??? I want to be very polite and considerate but would like to get my point across. I really hope they give me 10 minutes and actually listen to me as opposed to the ski patrollers who just talk over me and get flustered. I just want to get this resolved so I can go on with my life.

Think of it as negotiating. The guy that goes first loses. Ask to speak to someone knowledgeable about fast speeding policies. Pump them for all the information you can.
At some point, they will want to know why you are asking all these questions. Keep it simple, explain that a patrol indicated you were going too fast and that you don't understand.

Better to not start a debate until you have all the facts. Also shows that you are listening to them. Start by trying to understand. Try not to attack, you will get much farther. Then explain how you are a long time customer, blah blah.

2knees

oh good god. it sounds like the rent-a-cop/mall security attitude.

they really should ski around with lights on their helmets. I wouldnt last 1 hour there.

Think of it as negotiating. The guy that goes first loses. Ask to speak to someone knowledgeable about fast speeding policies. Pump them for all the information you can.
At some point, they will want to know why you are asking all these questions. Keep it simple, explain that a patrol indicated you were going too fast and that you don't understand.

Better to not start a debate until you have all the facts. Also shows that you are listening to them. Start by trying to understand. Try not to attack, you will get much farther. Then explain how you are a long time customer, blah blah.

Excellent..thank you!!!

danny p

man, that is a whole 'nother level. I don't know how you guys put up with that. All the safety meetings in the world wouldn't keep me calm over that sh*t. Someone needs to send Blue mountain a link to this thread.

poconovfr

Hold nothing back.You paid your money you are a club member.
I am most certain you've logged in more time than the weekend patrolers. How fast you ski is something for you to decide not someone whom skiis below your ability. A good skiier will know when and where to check speed.If management still has a problem,you might as well tell them to remark all the trails with little green circles and only allow snow skates.

poconovfr

man, that is a whole 'nother level. I don't know how you guys put up with that. All the safety meetings in the world wouldn't keep me calm over that sh*t. Someone needs to send Blue mountain a link to this thread.

Well my man our ski hills have become never ever trainers. You can roll into any Pa area with the exception of Elk and count the talent on one hand......including the so called pros.
GSS I'm really thinking of heading north for the season next year. I watched a member of our Ranger patroll giving a ticket to a 9 yr.old litlle girl as her parents stood and watched. Had there been people on the trail I could have understood but there was no one there except the family and the toolbag in the yellow coat.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

Gss, I'd write down some bullet points you want to get accross, before you leave work today. It makes it easier to remember everything when in the room with Management.
Here's mine:
  • What's wrong with Blue
  • Blue's Ski Patrol's Gestapo Mentality
  • Paradise and Burma are Green trails, not Bunny Slopes. Treat is as such
  • Using the whistle at slow skiers and beginners is not a good way to attract repeat customers.
  • Joel turned psycho. The way he slid on to the lift with us the 2nd time was questionable. Running after a moving car out of the parking lot proves it.
  • The Ski Patrol should maintain composure, as they represent the mountain
  • Don't aggravate your base customers in slow economic times. Remember, we're the ones who pay you in the off season.
  • Don't aggravate your base customers, because we're the ones who do free advertising for you.
  • How is it possible to go too fast on a double black diamond?
  • Why would the ski patrol threaten to call the police on us? What Commonwealth of Pennsylvania law did we break?
  • You should be keeping the folks who are green skiers off the blacks, not the other way around.
I’d also bring this to their attention, from the National Ski Patrol Website
http://www.nsp.org/1/nsp/About_NSP/StatementofPurpose.asp
Statement of Purpose
Core Values
• Excellence
• Service
• Camaraderie
• Leadership
• Integrity
• Responsiveness
Vision
NSP’s Vision is to be recognized as the premier provider of training and education programs for emergency rescuers who serve the outdoor recreation community.
Mission
The National Ski Patrol is a member-driven professional organization of registered ski patrols, patrollers and others, both paid and volunteer. The NSP supports its members through credentialed education and training in leadership, outdoor emergency care, safety and transportation services, which enables members to serve the community in the safe enjoyment of outdoor recreation.
SKIERS RESPONSIBILITY CODE
http://www.nsp.org/1/nsp/Safety_Information/YourResponsibilityCode.asp
Your Responsibility Code
Skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed in many ways. At areas you may see people using alpine skis, snowboards, telemark skis, cross country skis, and other specialized equipment, such as that used by the disabled. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers and riders the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Know the code. It's your responsibility.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious.

Well my man our ski hills have become never ever trainers. You can roll into any Pa area with the exception of Elk and count the talent on one hand......including the so called pros.
GSS I'm really thinking of heading north for the season next year. I watched a member of our Ranger patroll giving a ticket to a 9 yr.old litlle girl as her parents stood and watched. Had there been people on the trail I could have understood but there was no one there except the family and the toolbag in the yellow coat.

It would be cool to just take off and be a skibum again and say the hell with Blue but where I make my ski $$$$$ is only 18 miles away and I enjoy the runs and high speed lifts. Plus I always have alot of people to ski with at Blue. Anyway in less than 4 hours, I'll see if my pass will scan.

Root..I just printed out your list and I will add to it..thank you...oh yeah and if you have an extra minute..I'd love to see the picture of me wedging behind the ski patrollers..lol

This thread is great. At my hill, the patrol won't even stop unless you need life support. Don't get me wrong, I worked with them for 16 years. They are the best trainned patrol out there. We are just to busy to worry about the punks unitl they really need us. The record last year was something like 54 sleds.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
It would be cool to just take off and be a skibum again and say the hell with Blue but where I make my ski $$$$$ is only 18 miles away and I enjoy the runs and high speed lifts. Plus I always have alot of people to ski with at Blue. Anyway in less than 4 hours, I'll see if my pass will scan.

Root..I just printed out your list and I will add to it..thank you...oh yeah and if you have an extra minute..I'd love to see the picture of me wedging behind the ski patrollers..lol
I'm sure as the day goes on, I'll think of someother stuff that is bothering me about this. If you get the chance, mention to them that I'm highly debating if I should support Blue next year, or save some cash and go to MC.

4aprice

Just out of interest, what trail. I've never had a run in with the bees but I have seen them go over the top. They had their hands full Sunday afternoon when somebody cartwheeled into the fence at the bottom of Rocket.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

poconovfr

Just out of interest, what trail. I've never had a run in with the bees but I have seen them go over the top. They had their hands full Sunday afternoon when somebody cartwheeled into the fence at the bottom of Rocket.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Asp. Yeah, I got to witness said cartwheel entrance. It wasn't pretty.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Why is this only happening at Blue. Windham doesn't have any slow signs, except near the lifts where trails merge together and have you ever been to Killington on a holiday weekend? Great Eastern / Great Northern can be way more crowded in terms of skier density. Those trails are downright narrow in places and are full of both really slow and really fast skiers. No problems there at all!

Maybe also mention how the Blue Mountain Ski Team is allowed to do high speed runs down Paradise (sanctioned by the Coaches, not the mountain) when they have Razor's closed all day.