• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 4/13-4/14

Ol Dirty Noodle

Yes this weekend isn’t even out and I’m starting mainly for my own personal need. Next week I gotta start doing VT weekends vs Bellayre day trips. Probably going to try killington for the first time this weekend, I’ll be at Smuggs 4/20-21 for their last weekend, now my question: do I bring out my brand new enforcer 93s? Or stick with my quickly getting thrashed Rossi HP pursuits(81 under foot)?
I don’t want to thrash my brand new sticks but the Rossis struggle in anything more than 3”, they’re heavy as fuck. Your thoughts on my quiver dilemma and suggestions about other destinations appreciated
6d6cecae6fd98d39abd875cb07539fb4.gif

Edd

Skis are meant to be used. Use them, I say.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

kingslug

I skied my head 117's...cause..why not..good in the glop...my 3500.00 wagners are beat to shit..and lll continue to beat them to shit..rocks..ice..whatever..i bought them to use them..

tnt1234

This up coming weekend is really my last shot for the season. Might be heading to stowe. Forecast seems to be trending to our favor.

If it looks like rain saturday we'll bag. 6-1/2 hour drive, can't leave till friday PM have to be home sunday night. So if we can't get a good day in saturday, we're not gonna go.

Probably make the call tuesday.

Here's hoping!

(Today I did however put the skis the basement and take the rack off the car....)

legalskier

now my question: do I bring out my brand new enforcer 93s? Or stick with my quickly getting thrashed Rossi HP pursuits(81 under foot)? I don’t want to thrash my brand new sticks but the Rossis struggle in anything more than 3”, they’re heavy as fuck. Your thoughts on my quiver dilemma and suggestions about other destinations appreciated

If we tell you to use your new enforcer 93s and they get thrashed, will you be angry at us?

Ol Dirty Noodle

If we tell you to use your new enforcer 93s and they get thrashed, will you be angry at us?

I just haven’t been to VT since January so I don’t know what the coverage is up there, I’d never tell someone to bring out brand new skis in the conditions we have in the Catskills ya know?

KustyTheKlown

Killington is covered but I wouldn’t be skiing brand new skis especially if you intend to poke into anything ungroomed or off piste. They are going to lose a lot of snow this week. Nothing but rain this week, then cloudy and 50s for the weekend. For now.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Killington is covered but I wouldn’t be skiing brand new skis especially if you intend to poke into anything ungroomed or off piste. They are going to lose a lot of snow this week. Nothing but rain this week, then cloudy and 50s for the weekend. For now.

Thanks brometheus

skiMEbike

Coming off another stellar weekend at the Loaf. Most everything is open right now....Backside, Bracket, and most all the glades. Some of the best coverage on the backside that I've seen in recent years. Loaf is getting all snow today, and forecast are calling for up to a foot+ of snow between now and the weekend.

Get yourself to the Loaf this weekend....And Oh, BTW, it's reggae weekend to boot.

tnt1234

Push is coming to shove here...anyone care to speculate on the weather for Stowe Sat. and Sunday?

Ol Dirty Noodle

Push is coming to shove here...anyone care to speculate on the weather for Stowe Sat. and Sunday?

I’ll speculate... if kingslug can make it, it will suck, if he doesn’t the rest will enjoy epic conditions, that’s based on historical data this season lol

sankaty

My philosophy is that all skis are rock skis. Took my new Kore 93s into sketchy trees at Pico on Sunday. No regrets.