• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your 2017/2018 Season Thread

KD7000

I will have 0.0 days this season, unless I go out tomorrow. I'm sacrificing this winter to long-overdue knee surgery.

slatham

The year started, with some turns on Friday and Sunday and watching some real turns on Saturday at Killington. Oh to ski like those girls.....

Seems like all areas have an above average start to the year with solid snowmaking. Now if mother nature could throw some natural in we'd be set up for a great December.

THINK SNOW!

Jully

The year started, with some turns on Friday and Sunday and watching some real turns on Saturday at Killington. Oh to ski like those girls.....

Seems like all areas have an above average start to the year with solid snowmaking. Now if mother nature could throw some natural in we'd be set up for a great December.

THINK SNOW!

Natural would definitely be appreciated!!

JimG.

Staff member
11/11/17-Mt. Snow
11/18-Mt. Snow
11/24-Windham
11/26-Belleayre

Onteora only way down; snow groomed, hard and fast. I enjoyed fully for 4 hours between 9:30-1:30 then called it mostly from boredom. Good start for Belle, tons of snow and zero thin spots.

KustyTheKlown

windham was fun. they had two approaches to the same long groomer (whistler). the groomer tracks were a little rough, some drop offs between each lane of the groomer. got there at 8:45, skied hard from 9-12, logged 20k vertical feet over 15 runs, and got back to Brooklyn by 3:30. the first few runs on the corduroy were nice. windham had way too many employees skiing. they would cluster in groups of 5+ and when you only have 1 trail open, it's not a good look to have ~40 employees out there clogging up the limited space. super quiet from 9-10, a little busy 10-11, then quiet again 11-12. just feels good to get the legs working.

Dickc

11-25 & 11-26 Sunday River. Only 6 runs each day as some spinal stenosis is having a very negative impact on my skiing. May need to see a surgeon and cut this season short.

Jcb890

11-25 & 11-26 Sunday River. Only 6 runs each day as some spinal stenosis is having a very negative impact on my skiing. May need to see a surgeon and cut this season short.
Sorry to hear that, wishing you the best whether you opt for the surgery route or not.

Jcb890

Saturday it was fun. The upper part of Lynx started out a little chunky but once it warmed it was nice and soft. Polecat was soft all day.
Does Polecat have full coverage side-to-side yet? My wife had a bit of a tough time with the thin cover during spring conditions.