• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass - 5/1/11 AM

bvibert

Staff member
Got out for a ride with o3jeff and Mr. Evil this morning. We started from the soccer fields, rode out to stone, did a quick mini-loop and then went back to the soccer fields via the Rob Halford trail. All told it was about 6.7 miles in around 2.5 hours, with plenty of stops to catch our breaths and shoot the shit a bit. The ride really kicked my ass, I was getting really winded on anything resembling a climb. Really got to work on that lung capacity!

It was a beautiful day to be out, aside from the bugs. The trails were in mostly really good shape, with a few wet spots here and there. The halford had one of the little bridges over a wet section washed out, and another part right near the end was impassable due to collecting water. We also lost the up ladder on the ladder-rock-ladder stunt on the stunt trail. There was an improvised way to get up, but it made the turn to line up with the down a little on the tight side. I was pretty bummed at that.

All in all a great ride, and I can't wait to do it again soon. Nice to ride with Tim again finally, and Jeff as always. I hope you liked the mini tour of the soccer field side of Nass, Tim.

WoodCore

Sounds like a great ride, wish I could have made it!

bvibert

Staff member
We'll have to hook up for a Nass tour soon Woodcore! The weather is looking sketchy this week, but I'm going to try to get out after work on Thursday...