• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/29/22 Storm - 6-12'' or out to sea ?

NYDB

The latest GFS looks bad. A foot of snow at the beach. Maybe ok for Sunapee and WaWagfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_17.png

The Euro looks better. S VT, MA , NH and ME look to get a nice snowfall. I can't post the map from Weather.us, but trust me it is mo betta.

NYDB

I see the trend is getting close to zero inches in VT. bummer. even most of NH and ME get little. Lucy is pulling the football.

at least it's not going to rain like next week. 🙃

drjeff

snow totals looking a bit better for ski country this morning. Especially so vet areas

View attachment 52880
View attachment 52881View attachment 52882

The local Mets on the Providence radio station that is part of my alarmc clock, seem to think that you can move everything 50 miles West on that map for Southern New England. To the point where my house in CT, which is pretty much across the CT/RI border from where the 12-18" label in Northern RI on this map is, is now in a 18-24" map and the area on this map in red with the highest totals, may be in a 24- 36" zone. Break out the snorkels for Blue Hill and Yawgoo! ;)

NYDB

The local Mets on the Providence radio station that is part of my alarmc clock, seem to think that you can move everything 50 miles West on that map for Southern New England.

I keep reading that around the web and I hope it happens for us in So VT. 6''+ in the southern greens would be great.

I'll stick to what the NWS is telling me at this point. They nailed the MLK storm when everyone thought it would underproduce and sleet. I guess the next model runs will tell us if it wiggled or it is really moving west.

The local Mets on the Providence radio station that is part of my alarmc clock, seem to think that you can move everything 50 miles West on that map for Southern New England. To the point where my house in CT, which is pretty much across the CT/RI border from where the 12-18" label in Northern RI on this map is, is now in a 18-24" map and the area on this map in red with the highest totals, may be in a 24- 36" zone. Break out the snorkels for Blue Hill and Yawgoo! ;)
Yawgoo looks to get hammered! Don't forget your beacon, shovel and probe lol!

NYDB

I’m expecting about 3-4 inches here in the golden triangle. I’d love to wake up to a 6-8” forecast but I dont think that’s happening.

my wifes stuck home plowing the farm. Supposed to get 18”+.

upside down storm for an upside down season.