• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/14/14 Cannon

medfordmike

My employer was not closed but I called out anyway. I couldn't resist. I skied Cannon from around 9-2. Ton of snow up top in the morning and not too windy but low visibility since it snowed all day. Tafts and Hardscrabble were great. After a few runs up top I went over the the front five. I also spent some time in the Zoomer and Echo glades which were nice with only a few rocks here and there where others had tread. Took a quick break then headed over to Mittersill. First time over there and I really enjoyed it. Worked my way back over to the top but it was very windy later in the day.

I had a late lunch in the tram station lodge then went to leave and this guy couldn't even get the door open to come in. I thought it might be stuck so I pushed it open from the inside and it slammed right back up. It took him on the outside and me on the inside to get it open eventually. The wind gusts were that strong. I went back down to the lower half of the mountain out of the wind for my last few runs. I have included a picture of one of the trails over in Mittersill.

image.jpg

Abubob

I went to work and they wanted to know why I didn't get up early to shovel so I could be to work on time. You made the right move.