• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3 Day trip MRG, Owl's Head, Burke 3/8-3/10

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
I had a few vouchers to use and with winter running out and warm temps and rain looming I headed to Vermont and Quebec.
MRG was in decent shape. Lots of soft bumps and woods were decent to good. Perhaps the unsung feature of the place nobody mentions is the piss trough in the men's room. (haven't seen one of them since I was a kid)
Owls Head was great shape. Only a couple of rough trails. Not many glades but enough to be interesting
Burke was starting to get rough on the non groomers. I only did a handful of glades. Sasquatch was in best shape of glades I ran. Lots of rocks and debris on natural trails. Groomers were in fantastic shape

Full report and numerous pics on my blog. http://tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com/2013/03/ski-trip-vermont-quebec.html

bdfreetuna

what you call decent to rough looks like what I call prime !

Nice tour.. I liked your pic of Jay from Owls. Never seen that view before.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I was also at Burke on Sunday. Natural trail conditions were thin but I wouldn't exactly call it "rough". Typical spring skiing thin coverage, you gotta watch out for some rocks and grass showing through but the trails are still skiing very well. I'll admit Jungle and Lower Powerline probably should have been roped. Otherwise, everything I skied was great despite the occasional thin spots and some natural runs skied quite nicely. Not saying Burke was perfectly covered (it isn't) but I would call it "thin" rather than "rough" this past weekend. Moot point I guess because after the rain, natural snow trails are all going to be closed until/if Burke gets more snow.

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
They had pretty good coverage at Owls Head. The natural trails were starting to get thin particularly Outside Edge (far skiers left from summit...I think that's what it is called) but I'm not sure what the rain will do combined with the warm temps past few days. I'm glad I got there when I did.