• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A place to take political and other "hot" threads...

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Hey all,

I've found that hikers/skiers/boarders/riders, etc. are very passionate people. I've seen it here and on other forums as well. Too often, that passion would "flare up" a bit, causing problems with certain topics (politics, religion, skis vs snowboards, up vs. down).

One of the options when we discussed poli threads was to have a separate area of the forum where folks could discuss these things. Again, it was feared that it might spill over into other forums. Rather than having to make calls time and again about what was appropriate, it was decided to just disallow them altogether, even if it was an interesting or lively topic.

Anyhow, that's the history behind what I've now done: I've built a little site where we can have those discussions without spilling over (hopefully) to this and other fine outdoors boards. I now present to you:

Trailchatter.com

The other mods and Greg have given me permission to put a plug for it, and I invite you all to come over and get the talk started.

It's a new site... so recommendations are always welcome!

-Stephen

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
nice idea. i won't be partcipating. i was originally against removal of political discussions from AZ, but am definitely of a mind set that i am happy to see them gone.

dmc

riverc0il said:
nice idea. i won't be partcipating. i was originally against removal of political discussions from AZ, but am definitely of a mind set that i am happy to see them gone.

I won't be participating in it either.. I was glad to see the "politics" go away from this site..

I try not to respond to political posts until I see something that I believe is totally off base..

So if I don't see it... I don't give a crap...

Enjoy...

ctenidae

Marc, you're so full of beans you could support an entire third world country. Up is so much better than down, there's hardly any comparison. as evidence, I ask you- which way do you go to get to the mountain top brothel?

The defense rests.

On topic, that's an interesting idea, Stephen.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ctenidae said:
Marc, you're so full of beans you could support an entire third world country. Up is so much better than down, there's hardly any comparison. as evidence, I ask you- which way do you go to get to the mountain top brothel?

The defense rests.

On topic, that's an interesting idea, Stephen.

It's a good point, I'll give you that.

But consider this counter point, once you get there is the girl more likely to "go up on you" or "go....

Ahh.... well I think you see my point, no need to spell it out.

dmc

Marc said:
But consider this counter point, once you get there is the girl more likely to "go up on you" or "go....

Depends on weather your Shaq or Herve Villechaize...

BeanoNYC

dmc said:
Marc said:

Depends on weather your Shaq or Herve Villechaize...

LMAO!!!! De Plane De Plane!

138-00249.jpg

dmc

i call the Z Chair at Hunter the "Herve Villechaize Memorial Chairlift"... the footrest is setup for someone 5' and under...