• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Amazing wind speeds!

Skimaine

Gusts of 90 mph recorded at the top of spillway last weekend at the 'Loaf. Needless to say Skyline was on wind hold (thankfully).

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
pretty crazy, I remember last year at Breck the wind gusts blew out some of the windows in one of the huts. I think it was the ski patrol hut by peak 9.

gregnye

And this brings up a question: Can a T-bar ever go on wind-hold?

Like a 90 mile-an hour wind has to do some damage to the lift if it is running (like the returning T-bars should sway and hit the towers. Just a thought

Hawkshot99

And this brings up a question: Can a T-bar ever go on wind-hold?

Like a 90 mile-an hour wind has to do some damage to the lift if it is running (like the returning T-bars should sway and hit the towers. Just a thought

Or sway and hit the person going up....

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

bdfreetuna

skiboarding.. :lol: .. Practically isn't it unsafe to travel > 25mph with training wheels in any conditions?

That must be why Glen Plake is your avatar?

Blizzard of Wahhs

That must be why Glen Plake is your avatar?

Glen is an ambassador for the truth, he has traveled far and wide to spread the gospel - and overcome many challenges along the way. He is also a pioneer in the arena of extreme snow stick riding.

I can only hope that he would nod approvingly at my exploits in lands above the valleys. It would be an honor.

Blizzard of Wahhs

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wind that get up to 420mph are some smoking winds.

cricket.jpg