• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ambidextrous anyone???

drjeff

So I'm bored in the office waiting for a couple of my hygienists to finish up for the day right now, and for some random reason I just tried using the mouse in my left hand instead of my normal right hand. While I will say that because of what I do all day long I have decent hand/eye coordination and dexterity with both hands, the left handed mouse action was quite a challlenge :rolleyes:

Anyone here really proficient with their ambidexterity???

Note, THIS doesn't count ;)
Photo018_45.jpg

(once again, this thread proves that we really need some sustained cold weather in the East :rolleyes:)

Moe Ghoul

I write lefthanded, swing golf righthanded, play tennis lefthanded, throw baseball/football righthanded, wipe righthanded, bowl righthanded, shoot guns lefthanded, shoot hoops lefthanded, bat righthanded, frisbee lefthanded and right handed depending on type of throw..........

campgottagopee

I write lefthanded, swing golf righthanded, play tennis lefthanded, throw baseball/football righthanded, wipe righthanded, bowl righthanded, shoot guns lefthanded, shoot hoops lefthanded, bat righthanded, frisbee lefthanded and right handed depending on type of throw..........

Dude, you lead a confusing life:-D

Beetlenut

My 5 yo son might be. I was pitching balls to him, and he ws batting them left handed. Then he switched around and started batting right handed. He also takes a right handed kids golf club and flips it around somehow and hits it left handed.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Kids are pretty cool to watch since hand dominance doesn't settle for several years.

I once tried to be ambidextrous. When I was a kid, I had a crazy notion that I may break my right arm and therefore need to write with my left, so I tried to teach myself to write left-handed. I can do it, but it's messy and awkward. I can eat left-handed, though, and my left hand is stronger for some things. But for the most part, I'm right-handed.

Warp Daddy

i shoot hoops lefty , bowl righty , swing golf clubs righty Pitch or throw a football lefty , write righty, and i Ain't gonna disclose my politics dammit :D

drjeff

i shoot hoops lefty , bowl righty , swing golf clubs righty Pitch or throw a football lefty , write righty, and i Ain't gonna disclose my politics dammit :D

You're an academic type Warp, you don't have to disclose your politics ;) :rolleyes: *Note, both my in-laws are retired college profs so that buys me the ability to poke fun at academics :) ;) :)

mondeo

When I was a kid, I had a crazy notion that I may break my right arm and therefore need to write with my left, so I tried to teach myself to write left-handed. I can do it, but it's messy and awkward.
When I was a kid, I did break my right arm, I did need to write with my left, and I did teach myself to write left-handed. Still sorta messy when the cast came off.

So I'm bored in the office waiting for a couple of my hygienists to finish up for the day right now, and for some random reason I just tried using the mouse in my left hand instead of my normal right hand.

I'm not going to speculate on what "random" reason would push you to using your left hand for the mouse. :eek:

Glenn

I'm right handed. But I can shoot a rifle left or right handed. I pistol shoot right handed though. When I used to snowboard, I was goofy footed....right foot forward. Using the mouse with my left hand actually isn't that bad when I stop thinking too hard about it.

Paul

When I was a kid, I did break my right arm, I did need to write with my left, and I did teach myself to write left-handed. Still sorta messy when the cast came off.

I'm not going to speculate on what "random" reason would push you to using your left hand for the mouse. :eek:

Actually, if you use your right hand on the mouse and your left um...elsewhere... it feels like someone else is doing it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I do everything righty except for eating. As a kid it made no sense to me to cut with a knife, then replace it with a fork to take a bite. It just seemed inefficient, so I cut with my right and leave the fork in my left hand. Perhaps that's why I'm fat, I discovered at an early age a quicker and more efficient way to stuff my face. :lol:

Mildcat

So I'm bored in the office waiting for a couple of my hygienists to finish up for the day right now, and for some random reason I just tried using the mouse in my left hand instead of my normal right hand. While I will say that because of what I do all day long I have decent hand/eye coordination and dexterity with both hands, the left handed mouse action was quite a challlenge :rolleyes:

Anyone here really proficient with their ambidexterity???

I hope you're not trying to drill teeth lefty. :-o ;-)

mondeo

I do everything righty except for eating. As a kid it made no sense to me to cut with a knife, then replace it with a fork to take a bite. It just seemed inefficient, so I cut with my right and leave the fork in my left hand. Perhaps that's why I'm fat, I discovered at an early age a quicker and more efficient way to stuff my face. :lol:

I think that's actually the technically polite way to use the fork & knife combo.

Right handed spooning, though.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think that's actually the technically polite way to use the fork & knife combo.

Right handed spooning, though.

guess I missed that chapter in manner school :lol:

My mother is a pure lefty, kind of obsessed with where people sit at a dinner table because of it. She lines people up so they don't bump elbows