• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any painters / artists on the boards? Share your work in this thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
Visual artists have always amazed me because outside of a tad bit of drafting, I have never progressed much beyond stick figures :lol:. I can beat around on a guitar a bit, but my artistic talents overall are pretty pedestrian.

For Christmas, my brother and I have commissioned a friend of his to do a portrait of our parents and she gave a progress update today. We sent her the following photo from a year ago with the only instruction being to tone down the back ground a bit so it's not so busy.

mom_and_dad_photo.jpeg

so far she's got this far with it. She hasn't done anything with my father's face, but I think my mother looks stunning.

mom_and_dad_portrait.jpg

Honestly couldn't imagine having the skill to do something like this. I also can't believe she charges so little for what she does. $150 for the original 11 x 14 painting and $60 for a half dozen 6 x9 prints.

Any artists out there? If so, share some of your work in this thread.

wa-loaf

I believe cougars can be married, but they need to be on the prowl for younger men. MILF is probably the more appropriate term in this case...

Edit: Cougars are not happily married. Unless your parents are swingers in which case it all get thrown out the window. :p

Warp Daddy

First and foremost your mom and dad are a fine looking couple -- you guys must be very proud of them !

I'm sure that they love the painting and as time goes on you'll be extremly glad that you made such a WISE choice for a lasting gift

the artist has done a very accurate representation and no doubt has put forth considerable effort . The price is VERY reasonable for the work involved