• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone ever stop a terroist attack at a ski area?

Puck it

My buddy was a ski patrol and had this happen to him at Killington. That's his story.

Rogman

Inquiring minds want to know!
Yeah, couple of times. Last time was when a plane crashed on Kilington Mtn with a nuclear weapon. I don't remember the details, but I think I had to jump out of an exploding Gondola. My fiance helped, but really, I was the hero.

witch hobble

March 11th, 2005. Halfway up the Northwoods gondola, I realized I was riding with members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) who were planning to assasinate Inal Batu, Turkish diplomat and guest of Governor Spitzer. They rode, along with their security detail, in the cabin ahead of us.

Batu and Spitzer quickly click in to their skis and schuss off down Pine Knot. I told the PKK to follow me, I know a shortcut. I led them to the start of Kill Kare Glade, which quickly became an impenetrable tangle of Balsam regeneration. As the PKK snowboard assassins floundered in the dense vegetation, I skied out to Pine Knot, caught the governor and the diplomat, radioed base first aid, and skated them out the Tannery flats to a waiting stretch Hummer with bullet proof Glass.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Kind of:

Once I was working as a ski instructor, as it as the only work I could find after flaming out at Nationals. Little did we know that on the same mountain as the resort was a secret government lab that was testing genetic alterations on spiders. These alterations not only grew the spiders to enormous sizes, but also made them resistant to cold weather. Near the end of the season, the spiders got out and started attacking the guests. A group of promising national team members had just arrived for some training, so luckily they were able to help a bit, but they didn't repect me and my washed up skills. In the end, I led a daring plan to corrall the spiders in the halfpipe by leading them down the mountain with my nifty skiing while holding a flare (because they're attracted to light, of course). After getting them into the halfpipe, about a half dozen soldiers were able to shot down the spiders. While showing the young students my moves, I not only won their respect, but I impressed the attractive scientist who helped uncover the nefarious government plan.

Puck it

Kind of:

Once I was working as a ski instructor, as it as the only work I could find after flaming out at Nationals. Little did we know that on the same mountain as the resort was a secret government lab that was testing genetic alterations on spiders. These alterations not only grew the spiders to enormous sizes, but also made them resistant to cold weather. Near the end of the season, the spiders got out and started attacking the guests. A group of promising national team members had just arrived for some training, so luckily they were able to help a bit, but they didn't repect me and my washed up skills. In the end, I led a daring plan to corrall the spiders in the halfpipe by leading them down the mountain with my nifty skiing while holding a flare (because they're attracted to light, of course). After getting them into the halfpipe, about a half dozen soldiers were able to shot down the spiders. While showing the young students my moves, I not only won their respect, but I impressed the attractive scientist who helped uncover the nefarious government plan.

Remember it well, like it was yesterday.

Puck it

I was with a film crew that travelled to the Austrian Alps near the (former) Yugoslav border to film three extreme sports enthusiasts being chased down by an avalanche for a commercial. What we didn't know, however, is that our filming near the secret hideout of Slobodan Pavle, a Serbian war criminal. Accidentally catching him on film, we become locked in a life-or-death chase for their lives

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I was with a film crew that travelled to the Austrian Alps near the (former) Yugoslav border to film three extreme sports enthusiasts being chased down by an avalanche for a commercial. What we didn't know, however, is that our filming near the secret hideout of Slobodan Pavle, a Serbian war criminal. Accidentally catching him on film, we become locked in a life-or-death chase for their lives

Wait, was this the time you drove a Toyota truck through an avalanche? Or am I getting my Puck It avalanche videos confused?

Puck it

Wait, was this the time you drove a Toyota truck through an avalanche? Or am I getting my Puck It avalanche videos confused?
Yes, that was the other time, I drove my Iceberg FJ through the avalanche that I set off at the summit.

jaytrem

I used to work at a ski area and started dating the owners daughter. Turns out she was kinda crazy. Used explosives to kill her both her parents, then she tried to kill me. All the while she was sleeping with my half brother, and worst of all, he was in on the whole thing. I'm didn't really stop the attacks, but I played a role in it.

Puck it

I used to work at a ski area and started dating the owners daughter. Turns out she was kinda crazy. Used explosives to kill her both her parents, then she tried to kill me. All the while she was sleeping with my half brother, and worst of all, he was in on the whole thing. I'm didn't really stop the attacks, but I played a role in it.

But you play one on TV!