• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

April 15th up in Maine woods...;-)

bigbog

Well it was another beautiful day...approaching 50deg, little wind...bright sunshine. Just working a few hours right now, no FT yet...so hang around the house...no way.
Headed up along Moosehead Lake and NE to Katahdin area...then back down via I-95.
Pics in gallery, have a few short PowerShot A520 videos ...:lol: ..will upload to Youtube and insert links. (Unedited as yet...so noone hold your breath;-))

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1090

Drop(Nesowadnehunk Falls) on the West Br. Penobscot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGismgRERAw

STeveD

Last edited:

Glenn

Very cool pics! I was amazed to still see snow on some of those logging roads.

bigbog

...snow on Katahdin...

Hey BobR & Glenn,
The one thing I noticed is that there's more snow on Katahdin following the northern snow of ?? a week(maybe) ago. If one were to make the climb up...I bet there would be decent hardpack up there. Didn't take any of the mountain by itself...Spring is out just about everywhere else...so nice.

Glenn

You guys must have a nice short, cool summer up there. Can't beat that!

bigbog

If not really hot, blackflies...one can get used to somewhat, unlike mosquitoes, but this time till early June when they're beginning to hatch out in numbers...is golden!
Sounds good BobR...will try to synch with you...