• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Atomic's for Sale

SKIQUATTRO

Metron B10 (2008: blue top finish)
157CM
124/78/110
Integrated Atomic Neox binding
$450 (retail $850)
Days Skiied : 10
Sporty, versatile , agile and a great allround ski for advanced skiers who want one ski that they can go anywhere with. Will ski the entire hill with ease...from ice, death cookies to 6" of fresh powder. Carves like its on rails, its unreal

ATOMIC SUGAR DADDY
173CM
124/99/115
$450
Days Skiied 10

Mounted flat with Salomon binding (may need to be redrilled for larger boot..I'm 26.5/ 8.5 street)
The skis are light, and easy flexing. Candy-apple red finish. The SD's were silky smooth and solid, but effortless to swing around when I desired. They locked into turns easily, but didn't "pull" me into turns like my Metron B10s do. In open bowl, high-speed or steep skiing, this is a plus. In deep snow, I'm not looking for a carving ski - I wish to dictate turn radius.

Hard-Pack: Perhaps the biggest surprise. The Sugar's are entirely adequate hard-pack performers. The edge-hold is good - very good. They don't angulate as well as my b10's and therefore don't deliver the same g-forces on hardpack as my other skis.

However, for a big ski, they're amazingly good on packed snow, and respectable even in soft, medium-sized bumps.

Last edited: