• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Non-Homer Crew

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Let's do it.

Who is an equal opportunity critic; not afraid to critically lay into their home hill? Who calls it 100% as they see it and never fluffs or over hypes their favorite mountains. Who has a hard time writing 100% positively about their favorite place without some form of criticism and putting in a disclaimer for people that might not enjoy the experience as much?

I'm in.

drjeff

Being a Homer and being critical of one's Homer hill AREN'T mutually exclusive BTW ;)

And I will go as far as saying that when you're a known commodity Homer of a mountain, and you do make some criticism of something, especially to the appropriate people who can do something about the issue that you have (and that may not happen in a public forum BTW), that change, and hopefully for the better can and does occur

4aprice

Being a Homer and being critical of one's Homer hill AREN'T mutually exclusive BTW ;)

And I will go as far as saying that when you're a known commodity Homer of a mountain, and you do make some criticism of something, especially to the appropriate people who can do something about the issue that you have (and that may not happen in a public forum BTW), that change, and hopefully for the better can and does occur

I agree with this. I have no problem being critical of my home mountain when I think they are wrong (and they are human and make mistakes). I try to take my complaints to management connections I have 1st. I have only gone public in a few instances and only to try to drum up public support. (sometimes there are advantages in numbers). Management at my mountain are generally good people and interested in improving service. Their job isn't always easy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

neil

I'm in. I couldn't give a shit about "protecting" my home mountain. Not that I have one. Harping on about how your mountain is so great is incredibly lame.

"DONT SKI IT THEN, MORE FOR ME"

kingslug

My complaint against Hunter..fix the @$%&*&^%#$$ bathroom doors already..I mean shyt..how hard is it to change the damn sliding lock on a few doors..friggin place is scary! half the sinks don't work and by the afternoon its not even feasible to go in there......there..I said it...

bigbog

I guess I'm in..Daily Reports are meant to get you to the mountain = to make $$$, NEVER been otherwise..
The only conditions that get my attention are those talking about no snow entirely..and the freeze-up following thaws....think I'm seriously due for a fat, late season ski to clear the blowdowns. Snow in the backwoods is seriously challenged this year...

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I tend to be a half glass full guy about most of my ski experiences. It's hard to get pissed off when you only get out 20-30 times a season. Am I upset that I haven't seen a single mogul at Gunstock this season? sure. Do I think they could offer a mogul product even during this crap winter season? yes. It is what it is though (but I'll still comment about them someday seeding bumps every chance I can. ;) )

Only time I can recall going full Highwaystar on a ski area / experience was about 4 years ago at Saddleback.

Cannonball

Are you kidding?!? Homers are the BIGGEST critics. I'm willing to bet that GM's take WAY more abuse that starts with "I'm a season pass holder....." than "I just came here for the day....."

tipsdown

I consider my-selft non-homer although I consider Saddleback and Sugarloaf my home mountains.....If I remember correctly I was accused of ooozing abundant blind love for Saddleback from DeadHead but it was basically because someone uniformed was spitting out inaccurate unfavorable info about it.

By the way, the Rangeley double sucks and the only way that mountain can truly enter the bigs is to replace it and stretch it out.

You'll be hard pressed to find a true Sugarloafer be objective. Generally speaking those SOB's are as loyal as they come. :razz:

Last edited: