• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Balsams Wilderness 2008-03-08

uphillklimber

Resort or Ski Area
Attitash
Date
May 26, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Powder
x

Last edited:
Wow just like your hiking TRs..excellent report..I definitely want to give Balsams Wilderness a try..There's so much skiing in NH I haven't tried..

Skier75

After all of the hemming and hawwing about going or not to go skiing this weekend, I'm sure glad we decided to go. Had an absolutely awesome time at the Balsams mountain skiing, made it really hard to leave even for the rain. We are definately going back for another weekend. Got really lucky in finding someplace to stay and to be able to bring the dog! Guess a lot of the motel/hotels were booked with snowmobliers and this place I found had a cancellation. The clerk said the people from NJ decided it wouldn't be worth it for them to drive up, lucky us!

Funny how this is the first time in a very long time that we didn't get on the mountain for first tracks, that it didn't even matter. Didn't get on until about 9:30 and just started cruising all over the mountain. It felt really good to feel comfortable enough to just tear it up, hitting every open trial. Still wouldn't want to take a fall on my shoulder, it's just getting better now.

The weather this time of year is crazy. We were so glad to see the fog lift off the mountain and was able to see a little better. We skied as long as we could stand it, then decided to call it. While we were in the lodge taking our time to leave we a teenage girl getting assitance from medical personnel, not sure what really happened but she had a neck brace on and was getting some oxygen, then they took her away in an ambulance. I felt really bad for her, know how it sucks getting hurt skiing. Hope she was okay.