• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bcs

tree_skier

So what you are saying is that because you beat OU you should be in but by that logic then Texas Tech should be above texas as what was that score???

WJenness

Personally I think they should have decided it with a 3 way cheerleader mud wrestling battle...

-w

Geoff

The skiing sucks in Texas and Oklahoma is all I gotta say. ;)

I got a kick out of watching the small town Texans at places like Wolf Creek and Monarch. They'd show up in white Baptist church vans. Everybody was wearing Longhorns starter jackets, Carhart overalls, and all looked like Chris Penn in "Footloose" other'n the straw hat. Super-friendly people who really knew how to enjoy themselves. Quite a contrast from the high pressure New Yorkers and Bostonians I interact with every day.

LonghornSkier

So what you are saying is that because you beat OU you should be in but by that logic then Texas Tech should be above texas as what was that score???
There was a big difference in the way UT lost to Tech and the way Tech lost to OU.

tree_skier

There was a big difference in the way UT lost to Tech and the way Tech lost to OU.

It all looks the same up here in VT. Thats Vermont not Virginia Tech. UT beats OU, OU beats tech, tech beats UT, highest ranked team moves on and they all get starter jackets.

By the way in the football CHAMPIONSHIP division the UNH Wildcats trounced Southern Illinios last weekend and now take on Northern Iowa.

Angus

The thrill of standing in the Cotton Bowl during the Red River Shootout is equivalent - more primordial actually - to standing at the top of Tucks preparing for your first run ever. Folks who have attended all the big ones - Florida-Georgia, AU-AL, Mich-OSU - all say the same thing, nothing compares. Eastern football fans can't understand unless experienced - yes, I've been to Happy Valley. Note - the horse-shoe in Columbus may be close but the fans are just plain obnoxious, rude and dangerous according to friends who attended the TX-OSU game in 2005.

The Longhorns deserve better this year. They physically beat -up the "land thieves" in the second half of the game. The Horns defensive secondary - essentially true and red-shirt freshman - were playing their first highly competitive, meaningful game of the year but still managed to hold the vaunted OU offense to 35 points - who had & have averaged 60+ points before and since the game in Dallas.

The loss to TTU was disappointing and the Longhorns didn't deserve to win. They didn't show up for 2 1/2 quarters - made a great comeback and got beat by the best QB-Receiver combo in the country in the last seconds of a game. Lubbock is a tough place to play. I've had friends attacked by grandmother's as they've made their way to their seats wearing Burnt Orange. No excuses but Texas lost Quan Crosby - the pride of Mart Texas! - in the opening offensive series - basically Colt McCoy's safety valve receiver and the team looked tired - 4th game playing top 10 competition in as many weeks.

Hopefully the team remains focused and plays well in the Fiesta Bowl.

Just a few observations from a casual fan - Hook Em Horns! Angus