• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

beaches closed....lock out for the dorkos....

Website
maps.google.com
Posted: Wednesday, 14 July 2010 6:50PM

Health Department Closes 19 Nassau County Beach Due to Heavy Rainfall

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Due to heavy rainfall, the Nassau County Department of Health has closed 19 beaches as a precautionary measure.

The 14 Nassau County North Shore Beaches include:

Centre Island Sound, Creek Club, Lattingtown Beach, Laurel Hollow Beach, Morgan Sound, North Hempstead Beach Park, Piping Rock Beach Club, Prybil Beach, Ransom Beach, Roosevelt Beach, Sea Cliff Village Beach, Soundside Beach, Stehli Beach, and Tappen Beach

The 5 Nassau County South Shore Beaches include:

Biltmore Beach Club, Hewlett Point Beach, Island Park Beach, Merrick Estates Civic Association, Philip Healey Beach

The Health Department says storm water runoff can have a negative impact by elevating bacterial levels, affecting water quality.

For up-to-date recorded information on beach closings and openings, you can call 516-227-9700.

TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

4aprice

Those are on the north shore (LI Sound) right? Its been dry with a lot of time for stuff to accumulate before these past rains so I'm not surprised. At Seaside Hieghts and Park they closed the beaches to swimming Wed due to sharks which were reported to be acting strangely.:-o

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ctenidae

Hopefully Northport doesn't get closed- our "great adventure" this weekend is sailing across the Sound from Norwalk to Northport.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

ctenidae

Just remember the lesson from the Mayflower voyage:

Always bring extra beer.

Have one of these hooked up to a 12v battery:

41HlJDwUgsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and 10 kegs I put homebrew in.

dmc

Diss... do you really tuck your shirt into your shorts? really?

dmc

always....im not into that young guy style wear the shirts are out of the pants....its good for tall doods not ones that are 5'8"....why u so concerned how i dress etc? u got a bromance for me:-o:-o

I'm not concerned.. And Marc or Gregg would be my first choice for a "bromance"... :)

Just saying you may have a better chance with the hot long island chicks if you looked more casual..

Website
maps.google.com
I'm not concerned.. And Marc or Gregg would be my first choice for a "bromance"... :)

Just saying you may have a better chance with the hot long island chicks if you looked more casual..

ah the Internet :) i dress as casual as someone can be....the babes at prime tell me i dress to casual....not that i care what they or anyone else has to say:-o:-o