• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bear Mt. via Undermountain trail

Mike P.

Date(s) Hiked: 04/26/2009

Trails(s) Hiked: Undermountain & AT

Total Distance: 6.8 miles (we also went to Bond Shelter)

Difficulty: easy to moderate depending on the indivdual

Conditions: That day, hot no shade as the leaves are not on the trees yet. Trail in summer condition, no speakable blowdowns or large areas of mud.

Special Required Equipment: shorts, check, water, check, sunscreen - oops, ouch!

Trip Report: My daughter's first trip with just me on a hike with over 1,000 feet of elevation gain & longer than five miles. She did fine & since she has longer hair, + her shorts were longer as were her sleeves, I'm the only ninny paying for forgetting sunscreen. Saw several scout groups heading out early who had climbed the day before in the heat with full packs & long pants. On our way out during the heat of the day, I was still surprised how many pairs of long pants I saw. People must be real scared of ticks. (BTW, it's an old picture in my Avatar, she's almost 9 now!)

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Nice job! That's a great hike. Glad your daughter liked it.