• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre March 15, 2008

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
There were ZERO lift lines today. It rained last night, then changed to snow around midnight. Total of about an inch of new heavy snow.

"Great for snowballs," says my kid. This was a family day because all the race programs are finished. The kids took advantage of the snowballs, and the lifties made snowmen, and even dressed them up for our viewing pleasure.

This was a good day if you were in shape from a winter of skiing, because the snow was heavy. It was fairly warm, maybe 40 degrees. A bit of sun around lunch time for eating outside on the deck. Got a little slushy in some spots. the kind of snow that can make you great in the bumps and jump out and grab your skis and slow you down if you lean in too flat on the ski.

We are staying at the Gateway B&B. What a great place! I forgot my camera this morning... but remembered to go back for my wallet!