• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Eddy Chewonki Sept 27 - 30, 2024

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Date
Sep 27, 2024
While the southern state we’re about to get pummeled by Hurricane Helene 6 friends and I headed to the North Woods of Maine … or nearly. Big Eddy Chewonki Campground on the Penobscot River, just south of Baxter State Park was our slice of paradise for parts of 4 days and 3 nights. The pouring rain that dominated Thursday gave way to a mostly dry sky for the weekend. While part of our group toured the abandoned trains father north I hung out at camp collecting deadfall for our camp fire that night. The next day we made our way to our first visit to Baxter SP. I’ll just leave a few pics here. Enjoy.

IMG_4760.jpegIMG_4744.jpegIMG_4729.jpegIMG_3664.jpegIMG_3661.jpegIMG_3648.jpegIMG_3642.jpegIMG_3635.jpegIMG_3632.jpegIMG_3613.jpeg