• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

BikesDirect? Motobecane?

MR. evil

Motobecane is French, Very popular bikes back in the 70's.

Motobecane WAS French....BikesDirect bought the name several years ago to slap on their bikes. My last bike was an Ibex, sold on the internet only like BikesDirect but I would give an edge to Ibex in value. The component packages on the Ibex bikes are better IMO.

RENO

Are you looking to buy a MTB or road bike?

I'm looking for a Mountain Bike. Decided not to take a chance on Bikesdirect even though they have some nice prices and good spec. I need to actually touch the bike and at least sit on it before buying. I also know nothing about Motobecane bikes even though they and Bikesdirect get mostly good reviews online. I'll stick to names I know about. Checking out Craigslist too. Some possibilities...
I'm gonna hit this Bike Flea Market/Swap on Saturday in Breinigsville PA near Allentown. Friend at work goes to it every year and there's always great deals. He bought 2 bikes there the last few times he's gone at more than 1/2 off. Also his bike team sells a bunch of used bikes and other equipment there every year. I'll bring my hardtail and see if anybody wants to buy it. Good bike (TREK 6700), but I just want a full susp now. Body doesn't take too kindly to punishment as good now as when I was in my 20's! :lol: Maybe I can pick up a nice used full susp or maybe even a new 08 leftover. I'm not looking to spend $2000+ on a bike. We'll see...
http://www.lvvelo.org/swapmeets.php
http://www.thevelodrome.com/PDFs/spring swap flyer.pdf

boston_e

I dont know anything about them... but sometimes if something looks too good to be true, then maybe it is? ......... Just what my instincts would tell me.

bvibert

Staff member
Decided not to take a chance on Bikesdirect even though they have some nice prices and good spec. I need to actually touch the bike and at least sit on it before buying. I also know nothing about Motobecane bikes even though they and Bikesdirect get mostly good reviews online. I'll stick to names I know about.

Probably a good plan. I'd be a little leery about ordering one from them too.