• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Mountain, NH CLOSED

AdironRider

The problem is the real estate is worth a pretty decent amount in and of itself, given the access and location within Jackson NH. Dare I say more than the typical pile of dirt that most ski areas sit on (in a general sense) on a per acre basis.

So as a business, no way its worth that, but as an asset, yeah it probably is.

2Planker

There are a few locals who are trying to put something together....
Not to save the ski resort though

BodeMiller1

There are a few locals who are trying to put something together....
Not to save the ski resort though
What are they up to? Perhaps at this point we don't know. I thought is was cool when Kellington was bought up, then NO PEAK 360 Cam. We'll see...

skiur

What are they up to? Perhaps at this point we don't know. I thought is was cool when Kellington was bought up, then NO PEAK 360 Cam. We'll see...

You do realize that powdr still owns Killington?

EPB

Treats to try to soften the blow. Those guys have no idea how to run a ski area and aren't asking for advice from those that do.
Unfortunately, that's the impression I get from my friends that work at neighboring areas too.

eatskisleep

Treats to try to soften the blow. Those guys have no idea how to run a ski area and aren't asking for advice from those that do.
That’s sad. I hope they will listen eventually before it’s too late. Perhaps you can make some suggestions to them…?

EPB

That’s sad. I hope they will listen eventually before it’s too late. Perhaps you can make some suggestions to them…?
It's not a secret, but they're in a real conundrum because everything is so old there. Their newest lift is a 40 year old triple, and the snowmaking system is apparently in as bad of shape that one might fear. I've heard they've tried drumming up interest in a sale to other NE ski area operators, but the outdatedness of the infrastructure there could be insurmountable. It feels like a problem that has continued to snowball for 25-30 years now.

snoseek

This seems like a great path for the area going forward!

EPB

Glad to hear it. Hopefully, they can try to drive traffic there thru the Indy pass product.