• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Mountain NH Summit Double chair replacement??

canobie#1

So I saw this on their facebook page today....

For those with questions about our double chairlift: We are in the process of replacing the chairs and are on track to do so before opening day, December 11th. If you have further questions, please give us a call, send us an email or message us on here.

Anyone have more information about this?

millerm277

No, but I will point out that the wording appears to be talking about chairs, not chairlifts.

Meaning they are just putting them back on the lift (or maybe they got new ones, but it doesn't sound like that either) after taking them off for whatever reason.

So if you're thinking they were implying that they replaced the lift, that's not how I'd read this.

podunk77

Last March one of the chairs fell off the cable and, upon further inspection, they found deficiencies on most of the summit chairs' grips/spacers/thiggamajiggies (I'll leave the technical explanations to others). Nobody was hurt as I believe it fell off as it swung around the base wheel, but the summit chair was closed for the final three weeks of last season and there was speculation as to whether Black would have the money to make the repairs during the off-season.

thetrailboss

Staff member
No, but I will point out that the wording appears to be talking about chairs, not chairlifts.

Meaning they are just putting them back on the lift (or maybe they got new ones, but it doesn't sound like that either) after taking them off for whatever reason.

So if you're thinking they were implying that they replaced the lift, that's not how I'd read this.

+ 1. I read it that way as well.