• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blackberry Storm

ccskier

Does anyone have the new Blackberry Storm? If so, thoughts, concerns, etc... I messed around with my buddies phone the other night and was not very impressed by it, nor is he. Anyone else have any experience? I may wait a while for them to work out the bugs. Currently have the Motorola Q and am getting sick of the POS. Spend more time throwing it and resetting the thing.

o3jeff

I went from a Palm to a BB Curve a few weeks ago. The BB is by far the better of the two and I don't miss the touch screen one bit.

playoutside

I have been through I think 5 generations of the Blackberry and have had the Curve for about a year. I really have no interest in the Storm. I like my keyboard. I'll probably play with the Storm when I replace the Curve, but I'll be surprised if I choose it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I would never get a phone when they first come out. So much hype over the Moto Razor at $500, and now they practically give them away.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
A number of reviewers have greatly preferred the traditional keyboard, in particular on the Bold, over the touch screen of the Storm. Their issue is primarily the fact it's actually a "push" touch screen, in that you have to actually press it down, not just tap it like an iPhone.

In general, I really like my BlackBerry (Pearl). I just wish it had better Mac compatibility.

ccskier

i was playing with a freinds on saturday and it is wicked slow. it takes a long time to load any of the apps. slow enough that it is really almost un-usable.

My thought also. Plus, the commercial of typing correctly is bogus. You have to double click every letter or really press on the board.

Paul

Storm also doesn't have Wi-Fi capability. It has damn near every radio under the sun, but no 802.11g.

It was an odd release, the Bold is, by far, the superior device but the Storm was to compete with the iPhone. So Vz still really has nothing to actually compete with the Bold. Just hoping the name is enough, like trying to have one device compete with two.

Except, there's still no 802.11 in it....

Paul

The problem with the iPhone is that you cannot use Verizon as your service provider. So for a lot of people in New England, like me, that only get Verizon signal at home and around town, an iPhone would be less than useful.

May want to re-check. 3G coverage isn't really there, but EDGE coverage isn't too bad in your area. You should have pretty good 3G by YE 2009.

Paul

plus the iphone sucks for tethering so i have no use for it. if there was a way to tether via usb i would be on it like flies on shit.

iPhone really isn't a good business device. Totally a consumer gimicky toy. Like everything else Apple's done.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!