• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Mountain 1/31/14

4aprice

Spent the morning at Blue for PA Cup Race #3. Early arrival for registration means practically first tracks. Cloudy and cool with a little wind. Started the day with some nice cord on Switchback, Lazy Mile both with some pretty nice conditions. I would say that Blue had a little more hard pack and slicker conditions then CBK yesterday but to be fair to them they also had more traffic. The Quad and Six dump a lot of people off at the summit in short order. But what was impressive to me and really cool to see is that they had just reseeded all of their bumps. Not just one run but several. Challenge, Nightmare (With 2 kickers), Barney's and Midway (I believe). Challenge bumps were a little slick in the troughs but Barney's were real nice though they needed a little more traffic. Will be there tomorrow and Sunday so it could be a weekend bump fest as the weather warms. I'm tellin you, with conditions the way they have been over the last few days, I'm feelin lucky cause its not a bad time to be skiing the Pocono's. (best in several years)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ