• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bolton Valley 01/31/14 - Hyundai and Subaru Owners Ski for Free!

MadMadWorld

Anyone else plan on going up? Show your registration and get a free ticket (passengers get 50% off). Never been to BV but couldn't pass up the deal!

Cornhead

I've used mine on occasion but in indoor situations more than in actually practice except for car camping. I'd check archives of AMC's bbs's & Backpacker Magazine as they have been discussed in detail on those sites.

Feedback I've read seem to indicate they are much more comfortable (a tad heavier but some who watch pack weight less than fanaticlly still carry them) than foam have lasted for years & come with a patch kit. At tent sites/platforms or on rock slabs with a groundcloth & tent floor as buffers, you should be fine.

Some (read well prepared) winter campers will carry both as extra insulation & back up just in case. I suppose a stick just under snow or ice would be problematic as well as catching on a sharp fir or spruce branch.

As mentioned feel free to check out other feedback from other sources. outdoors.org & backpacker.com (I think, they may have updated to bp.com)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Cornhead

Oops, don't know where that ^ came from, carrying phone to the throne. I do own a Subie, don't think I can make it though, big trip the following Thursday. If BV gets snow, you'll love it, enjoy!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BenedictGomez

Never been to BV

I like Bolton a lot.

It gets no love or attention because it's so relatively close to Stowe, Jay Peak, and Smuggs. It's the equivalent of a really cute girl being completely ignored because she's standing next to Kate Upton and some Victoria's Secret models.

MadMadWorld

I like Bolton a lot.

It gets no love or attention because it's so relatively close to Stowe, Jay Peak, and Smuggs. It's the equivalent of a really cute girl being completely ignored because she's standing next to Kate Upton and some Victoria's Secret models.

Nice. Seems like my kind of mountain. Do you know if they enforce the Nordic pass rule for going exploring into their BC?