• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

boot buckle extenders

gmcunni

Have a pair of dalbello boots. The fit of the foot is fine but the upper cuff is too tight (calf too wide). I've already extended the clip and buckle to the max, is anyone aware of a buckle extender or an option for a longer buckle replacement?

Puck it

Have a pair of dalbello boots. The fit of the foot is fine but the upper cuff is too tight (calf too wide). I've already extended the clip and buckle to the max, is anyone aware of a buckle extender or an option for a longer buckle replacement?

Did you try one of these?

xtr-acc-med-seatbelt-extender.jpg

Puck it

Just joking. I have the same problem. I stick with Head ski boots for this reason. Can tighten the power strap more. Or can you drill another hole to move the buckle or bale? Drill out the rivets to move it. I have t-nuts and screws if you thinkk this will work. I can mail them.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Dalbello is right around the corner from Ragged. Perhaps you should head up for the weekend

gmcunni

Just joking. I have the same problem. I stick with Head ski boots for this reason. Can tighten the power strap more. Or can you drill another hole to move the buckle or bale? Drill out the rivets to move it. I have t-nuts and screws if you thinkk this will work. I can mail them.

I'm trying to avoid power tool related mods if i can find a simple solution. if they made a longer clip that i could just put in place of the old one i think i'd be set. found a nordica one but not a dalbello specific one.

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/4832/products/Nordica_Ski_Boot_Buckle_Extension_Single_.aspx

Puck it

Does the buckle or bale adjust? Or both? Not the microadjustment. Do they physically move by moving to another hole? I can't tell from pics of the boots.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

i never really measured the distance i'd need, will try tonight when home. dalbello aerro 67

Look at the shell, sometimes there are already place holders for moving the buckle mount.

Philpug would be worth giving a shout. He's the resident Dalbello Pro

His new shop doesn't carry Dalbello and he's wearing Technicas now.

Skidmarks from Suburban Sports knows a thing or two about Dalbello too...

Probably your best bet.

wa-loaf

Wow, I thought he was a Flexon (or at least that style) user for life! :-o

I guess they had a resident bootfitter for Technica working at their shop (before he got deported back to Germany, lol) who hooked him up with a really sweet set-up.

gmcunni

Does the buckle or bale adjust? Or both? Not the microadjustment. Do they physically move by moving to another hole? I can't tell from pics of the boots.

there is a micro adjustment on the bale and it as far out as possible. the clip side as 3 holes, already on the widest settings. looks like there could be room for a 4th hole.

P1050082.JPG
P1050083.JPG
P1050087.JPG

ideally a clip with an extra slot or two i think would solve it

wa-loaf

ideally a clip with an extra slot or two i think would solve it

I don't think you have room to make more holes without trouble. I'd check with a dealer to see if you can get either longer bails or a longer clip.