• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot fitter--Southern VT

freddy1111

Can anyone recommend a boot fitter in so. VT? Latest ski mag rates fitter at Mt.Snow highly. Anyone have experience with them?

mlctvt

Yes they do a great job. I recommend MT snow.
I agree- see Nick Blaylock at Mount Snow Bootworks. He's fixed numbers friends problems as well as my weird foot problem (wide foot with a high arch).
One friend was about to give up skiing- She went to a boot fitter at Killington but they just couldn't get the boots right. I told her about nick and after just one visit and she was set. She was absolutely ecstatic. Yes you pay full retail for the boots but I think this is money well spent. Before working at Mount Snow Nick worked for Green Mountain Orthonics at Stratton. He was also a boot tester for Ski magazine and he's an instructor for Americas Best boot fitters. He basically teaches other boot fitters! See him, you'll be happy you did.

RENO

I agree- see Nick Blaylock at Mount Snow Bootworks. He's fixed numbers friends problems as well as my weird foot problem (wide foot with a high arch).
One friend was about to give up skiing- She went to a boot fitter at Killington but they just couldn't get the boots right. I told her about nick and after just one visit and she was set. She was absolutely ecstatic. Yes you pay full retail for the boots but I think this is money well spent. Before working at Mount Snow Nick worked for Green Mountain Orthonics at Stratton. He was also a boot tester for Ski magazine and he's an instructor for Americas Best boot fitters. He basically teaches other boot fitters! See him, you'll be happy you did.
My wife and I both used Green Mountain Orthotics at Stratton. They did an excellent job. I actually took the footbeds out of my ski boots since they were practically new and I haven't skied in a few years and put them in my snowboard boots last season and they work great in them also...

arik

I can also highly reccomend Nick at Mount Snow.
I went in late last fall (I made an appintment), he did a great job, and the charge was very reasonable.
I messed my buckle up midseason and I went in, he fixed it and tried not to even charge me.

Glenn

Can anyone recommend a boot fitter in so. VT? Latest ski mag rates fitter at Mt.Snow highly. Anyone have experience with them?

My wife and I both have boots from Nick. His assistant, Tom is a great guys as well. Having a fitter right at the mountain is a huge help. You click out of your skis, walk in and explain the problem. When done, you can go out and test out. When you buy from Nick, all post purchase adjustments are included.