• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boots help its all gone wrong

zyk

So I need boots and a new boot fitter. My boots have been deemed unsafe at any speed. So the time has come the walrus said...

Any recommendations welcome. I'm upstate NY, but also travel to VT, and the North Conway area of NH. Will actually be there next week. Thanks!

ColdRain&Snow

I went through narrowing down southern vt bootfitters last November. Bill at gmol had a lot of good reviews here and other forums, and I ski Stratton so it was an easy choice.

Talking to him, he’s an instructor for bootfitting training programs. He’s mentored a lot of bootfitters all over the country.

The other boot shop I considered was nick’s, near mount snow, also very well reviewed. Nick worked at gmol before opening his shop.

I went for the works, custom footbed and balancing. They’re fantastic boots. My better half got a pair a few months later, he noted one leg a little longer than the other and built in compensation for the difference. Not sure if every fitter/shop would notice this or modify boots to address.

IMG_2030.jpegIMG_2251.jpeg

zyk

In terms of boots, love my Dalbellos.
These are what I have now. Best boots I've had, but, alas, time waits for snowman and they have to go. I'll be looking for new Dalbellos.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Maybe I send them to him for marketing.
Ideas...
We are as EPIC as these boots
You cannot fathom the EPICness of these boots
Sniff these boots it's EPIC
"Sing it brother!"

20140107_044909_1cityp1.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
These are what I have now. Best boots I've had, but, alas, time waits for snowman and they have to go. I'll be looking for new Dalbellos.
I bought my first pair of Dalbellos from Strand's Ski Shop in Worcester, MA in 2004. That season, on like my third outing, a kid misloaded the chair I was riding at Pats Peak and bent one of the buckles really badly. It wasn't his fault at all. I felt because he was a young kid. When I went back to work on Monday I sent Dalbello and Email asking if they could help me out. I got a quick response of "yes, of course" and they told me to take them to a Dalbello shop when I could. Long story short, they fixed it free of charge and in 20 years I have had three other pair of Dalbellos, referred them to many friends, and my wife has Dalbellos. They could have just as easily not responded at all, but helping me out made me a happy customer for life.

ThatGuy

Long story short, they fixed it free of charge and in 20 years I have had three other pair of Dalbellos, referred them to many friends, and my wife has Dalbellos. They could have just as easily not responded at all, but helping me out made me a happy customer for life.
“Sounds like EPIC customer service! Maybe we should make an acquisition and make it even more EPIC”
IMG_6405.jpeg