• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Budweiser American Ale

Greg

Staff member
Really not half bad. Actually pretty decent. Would I choose it over a whole bunch of other beers? No, but overall, an okay beer...

I'll try one at the bar sometime..they are promoting the hell out of it..but I've been stuck on Magic Hat #9

drjeff

I'll try one at the bar sometime..they are promoting the hell out of it..but I've been stuck on Magic Hat #9

American Ale and Magic Hat #9 have a bunch of similarities in flavor/finish. Both have a solid hoppy finish, although no apricot taste for the american ale ;)

A big thing for me is how fizzy it is..if it's too fizzy,,it can change the flavor and my perception of the beer. Anyway are they making 40 ouncers of Budweiser American Ale???

roark

Man, that's like driving a focus after you just got out of a Porsche Carrera GT. ;)

IFYP.

Seriously, Greg, this beer is worthy of a comment? :roll:

It's all about shelf space. Don't settle for this crap. (or #9 for that matter...)

It kills me going to the grocery store and being totally ambivalent (or less) about well over 90% of what is on the shelf. Maybe I've got some wacky taste or something, but there are so few beers available locally that even interest me... I make a point of commenting on it whenever I see the beer guy.

American Microbrews offer a tremendous variety of styles, if you can only find them. :???:

no fruit in my beer please. Magic Hat is good stuff. but #9 is too weak and fruity for me - don't like Fat Angel or Jinx either..but Blind Faith, HiPA, Humble Patience, Roxy Rolls...all great beers. Wife and I got invited to the Magic Hat Halloween party at the brewery back in 2001...they had a "special" brew that night, a cross between the Blind Faith and Humble Patience...hoppy, malty, and creamy...DAMNED good beer.:beer::beer::beer::beer:

I'll give the Bud American Ale a chance...not a big fan of anything else they do but I'd like to see if they've tried to make something that can make a micro brew drinker happy.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Gotta love the United State's biggest beer producer capitalizing on the craft beer market. A no brainer for AB really... now BUD drinkers can pretend they are drinking craft brews while still drinking a BUD. I would be willing to try a BUD American Ale but I wouldn't pay money for one.

BeanoNYC

Oops, thanks for catching my error on that. AB definitely produces a lot of something, that is for sure. 8)

I actually wonder what the story is with American Ale. Did they plan it before the purchase? Was it the first order of business after the purchase to keep the "All American" branding that Bud has enjoyed?

drjeff

I actually wonder what the story is with American Ale. Did they plan it before the purchase? Was it the first order of business after the purchase to keep the "All American" branding that Bud has enjoyed?

Gotta think the brewmasters had this one in the works long before Inbev opened up their check books this summer. If not that's damn impressive to go from brewing R+D and mass market design in less than 3 months!