• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke Mountain: April 1, 2008

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date: April 1, 2008

2006 Trip Report #: 55 (40th day at Burke for 2007-2008)

Resort: Burke

Conditions: VC/WS

Weather: Mild with dense fog. Temps in the 40's. Some wind.

Trip Report: Well, it was a quick in and out. I was at the mountain for two hours and hit the groomers that were open. I started in Powderhorn and found it to be soft and nice to turn in. Carriage Road was nice as well...and Dippers was fast and groomed. The West Side trails were a bit firm and very hard to navigate in due to the fog that hung on that side.

Not much to say other than the snow is holding up quite well...and the fog was pretty tough to see in. The racers picked some interesting weather to race in...

Some pics:

IMG_1533.JPG

Eastern Cup:

IMG_1543.JPG

Willoughby:

IMG_15151.JPG

The Mountain as I left:

IMG_1547.JPG

Other than the racers, it was dead. Nice to have the place to yourself...but eerie in the fog....

The gallery.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Cheers 2knees. I have not had time to get these TR's out...I am working on one from my Saturday 4/5 visit to MRG and yesterday's TR for Burke.

2knees

i really like that last pic. something about the fog with the trails coming out just looks wild.