• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cable Frozen

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
My cable has been frozen since 4:27PM!! This is aggravating, I want to watch Shadow Forces! Arrgghh!!

What is kinda funny though is that some of the frozen pictures look nice, while other are ver unflattering of people's faces!

Geoff

all channels are frozen or just the one you want?

It's usually a range of channels if you have an analog cable feed. The problem is usually a software crash (no surprise, right?) in the cable head end but it could be snow/ice in the dish mucking with the satellite signal. If they can't bring the machine back to life remotely, somebody has to physically go to the building and cycle power on the sucker or get on a ladder and clean out the dish.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'd really like to hope that in NH, someone is smart enough to install dish heaters on the earth stations. Even then, I've seen dishes ice over, but usually it just results in some major macroblocking, not a steady frozen picture.

I used to sell Satallite dishes in Montana and although it was cheaper than cable..in extreme weather conditions they can suck..

wa-loaf

My cable has been frozen since 4:27PM!! This is aggravating, I want to watch Shadow Forces! Arrgghh!!

What is kinda funny though is that some of the frozen pictures look nice, while other are ver unflattering of people's faces!

My Cable, internet and phone were out for since noon yesterday. Just got up and running around dinner time. But we seemed to be ground zero for the ice-storm. I was happy to still have electricity.

Hawkshot99

My apartment just outside Albany lost power Sometime after I went to bed Thursday night. I have no heat, water(well) or power,and the power company "hopes" to have it on by Wednesday. I would love to have a frozen tv signal.

Luckily I have a hotel room being comped slope side!