• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 1.18.09

thebigo

Day number 14 of the year for me at cannon today and it was the best yet with christmas eve and the sunday storm in late december as close seconds. It snowed throughout the day accumulating to a half foot. Winds were mild and the longest wait was 2-3 chairs at zoomer. All the natural trails, specifically taft, the hards and vista sitck out. The zoomer side got significant snow making this week and the entire front side skied much better than last weekend. I have been extremely impressed with the snow making this year and today they had guns going on skylight throughout the storm along with a few other guns in strategic locations.

Unfortuntely i dropped my camera on taft and all the afternoons pictures were too blurry to even bother uploading. A few pictures from earlier in the day follow:

IMG00174.jpg

IMG00160.jpg

IMG00157.jpg

IMG00178.jpg

IMG00176.jpg