• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Carribean or maybe Mexico Vacation

ccskier

Looking to book a trip for the wife and I. Hopefully can find someone to watch the boy for a week. She is not a big skier, so I want to take a warm vacation in Feb/Marchish. We have been to St. Maarten, no where else. Any suggestions? Would like a beach front resort, also do not want to deal with a car, etc... Would rather spend that 4-500 on a nicer hotel, food/booze and fun. Not looking to drop a ton, but want a decent trip. I have been out west 3 times the past 2 years and she has been nowhere so I thought this would be a good gesture.

Any recommendations? May try and do a 5 or 7 day trip.

Thanks,

ccskier

Sorry, I make it a rule not to travel any further south than Philly Dec-Apr

I don't either, but I think she is itching to go somewhere. I have never even been to my parents place in Florida that they have had for 5 years now, they are only there duing ski season.

Oh yeah, any thoughts on Costa Rica or Belize, I am finding them less expensive.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
True story when we first started dating wife's family was going to Mexico in January. They had an exchange student stay with them for 2 years and she was graduating from college. Apparently that's a really big deal, as there were over 1000 ppl at the party. Anyway, she was going to head down there for a week. I was like no way I'm going to head south in season. So she went to Mexico and I went to Killington. We had huge fights over this but in the end, it all worked out.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
True story when we first started dating wife's family was going to Mexico in January. They had an exchange student stay with them for 2 years and she was graduating from college. Apparently that's a really big deal, as there were over 1000 ppl at the party. Anyway, she was going to head down there for a week. I was like no way I'm going to head south in season. So she went to Mexico and I went to Killington. We had huge fights over this but in the end, it all worked out.

but at least you got that sorted early on in the relationship. theres a girl that im seeing on and off right now and she thinks that she will win when it come down to snow or her. if she comes with no problem but make me decide between the two well we all know how that will end.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Exactly and it's paid me dividends in return. January is her biggest & busiest month at work and my slowest. So now every year I head out for some quality 'me' time on the snow. Everyone at work can't believe I go away with out her. She likes to ski and will go away with me after she slows down in February. Our traditional March trip to K are the best times ever!

Does the girl you're seeing ski or board?