• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cascades QC : March 17, 2012 – Cornapolooza and the Masters Finals

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
First of all, the announcement...

SATURDAY – SATURDAY – SATURDAY – MARCH – 16 – 2013

This year, on Saturday March 16, 2013, the Finals will be at Edelweiss on Strief (conditions permitting).

2010 : Calabogie Peaks’ Whistlin’ Paddy
2011 : Camp Fortune’s The Chute
2012 : Mont Cascades’ Exhibition

2013 : Edelweiss’s Streif

See you on Saturday.
For more info, check out ottawamasters.ca or on Facebook at Ottawa Masters Ski Racing Club.

Everyone is welcome. The club is non-profit, so if you happen to want to race and are close to Ottawa, come on down!!!

And the TR (just finish) from last season's Finals. Tons of corn, tons of pictures... pretty long to produced, let alone reproduce here.

Cascades QC : March 17, 2012 – Cornapolooza and the Masters Finals

One year ago was the Ottawa Masters Finals at Mont Cascades and for the first time since the 2002-03 season when I was in Europe, I wasn’t going to race in it. I had taken a sabbatical from my ski racing since the first race of the season at Fortune.

After a terrible Spring Break which turned out to be gray, rainy, I was back in Ottawa. The skied the previous day at Edelweiss helping out for today’s K1 (now U14) championship race was held at Edelweiss. Prior to heading to Cascades I dropped off Morgane, broken leg and all, to volunteer for her club race and see her friends, then back off to the Masters Finals at Cascades.

Click link to continue...
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2013...-17-2012-cornapolooza-and-the-masters-finals/

Here is one teaser from the slalom: