• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cat Eye did well by me

Bumpsis

:razz:
I wanted to share a very positive event - Customer Service action at the Cat Eye Corp, providers of among other products, bike safety lights.

A couple of years ago I bought a set of bike lights, front light (3 LED, white) and a red, tail light. The front light has been serving me well but I had yet to press into service the tail light. I have been using another light up until now, but it was dimmer than the Cat Eye, so I switched to the "new" Cat Eye.
I found that the Cat Eye was draining my batteries in just a few days. It turned out that one of the 3 LEDs never would turn off. It remained on but just barely, you really could not notice it until you took a really close look in the dark. There was a very faint but definitel glow. The "on" switch only brought the full glow of that LED but off position brought it to the faint "glow" but never off. I never thought that this could happen. Aren't LEDs diodes? They supposed to be on or off, right?
Anyway, I called Cat Eye and they told me to send to them the defective light. Without any fuss about the light being out of warranty, etc, they just sent me a brand new safetly light, the Reflex Auto that's in many ways beter than what I had. I was impressed.

I know that from time to people here vent about being treated badly by a shop or a manufacturer and that's OK. But I thought that when a customer gets treated exceptionally well, that also deserves a mention.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice! Always good to hear positive stories, instead of the negative that tend to be posted online.